Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 05-29-2010, 09:13 AM   #1

1600 nomad paint

2008 KAWASUCKI NOMAD PAINT KAWASUCKI ISN'T DOING sh*t TO HELP ME TO HELL WITH THEM... THIS IS THE LAST KAWASUCKI I EVER BUY THE DEALER AND KAWASUCKI CAN GO TO HELL.....[img][/img]

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-29-2010, 09:21 AM   #2

1600 nomad paint

,Where is the [aint issue?I assume it is cracking? or is it lifting? SUCKs the Ma Kaw says you SOL

Old 05-29-2010, 09:24 AM   #3

1600 nomad paint

Come on lastchance , don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 05-29-2010, 09:33 AM   #4
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider
1600 nomad paint

When did you purchase the Nomad? Seems it should still be covered under warranty.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181

Old 05-29-2010, 10:52 AM   #5
Sr. Contributor

1600 nomad paint

Calm down we are not Ma Kawii... Was the bike in warrenty when you complained first?

What did they say?

Who did you talk with?

Did you get the factory rep involved?

his other post: http://www.vulcanbagger.com/phpBB3/v...ic.php?t=15568

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-29-2010, 11:10 AM   #6
Advanced Member

1600 nomad paint

Not sure what I am looking at....
If there is a warrenty left then I would get the Regional Rep involved.
Or like I did with the Shadow was get the BBB involved.
Edited....
I looked again and read the other post.
Yea I would have to agree this is a Kawi issue.
Press them HARD....

Clayton
2008 1600 Nomad
VBA #01332

Old 05-29-2010, 11:15 AM   #7
Mega-Contributor

1600 nomad paint

Ooookay...

Don't waste your time with the BBB, they are dogs with no teeth. Escalate it within Kawasaki.

We didn't build your bike, don't yell at us. ::)
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 05-29-2010, 06:41 PM   #8

1600 nomad paint

It's business, it isn't personal.

Just document your problem, present your claim calmly but firmly, and if you have to, take them to small claims court.

BTW, I just checked the warranty on my '08 Nomad and there is no exclusion on the paint. It covers "any defect in material and workmanship" for 24 months.

Old 05-31-2010, 06:29 AM   #9

1600 nomad paint

I WROTE TO KAWASUCKI AND HAVE TAKEN TYHE PARTS TO THE DEALER .I HAVE ALSO SENT TWO COMPLANTS TO MY STATE ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE. I HAVE ALSO TALKED WITH THE LEMON LAW ATTORNEY AND PENNSYLVANIA HAS NO LEMON LAW FOR MOTORCYCLES.

Old 05-31-2010, 07:44 AM   #10

1600 nomad paint

THE DEALER ADDMITS THAT THE PAINT IS COVERD UNDER WARRANTY BUT CAN NOT DO ANYTHING UNTILL KAWASUCKI APROVES THE REPAIR. I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET AN ASWER FOR 4 MONTHS NOW......

Old 05-31-2010, 08:07 AM   #11
Sr. Contributor

1600 nomad paint

You want the North American Factory Rep face to face, and you want him soon. You want a paper document that states a date you showed the problem to a dealer before warrenty ran out. Paint is covered.

To me it seems like you lost an argument or settle to be blown off. Don't let that happen. If the Factory Rep won't help ask for his boss.

I can't tell what happened to your paint, but it is rare as hens teeth on these bikes. I get road salt on mine in summer on NH back roads of dirt. I get first winter salt before the end of November. Of course i wash that off asap. I store the bike over winter in a enclosed trailer, only the seats and battery come indoors.

One opinion I have is the primer wasn't fully dry when the top coat was painted, or another form on contaminate was present, maybe a chemical in the air, or oil from robotic maintainance.

You could drop ALL CAPS as around here we consider that YELLING!

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac

Old 05-31-2010, 10:47 AM   #12

1600 nomad paint

I tried to see the rep and the dealer said that it is all up to kawasucki and they can't do a thing about it.... Iwill more than likely take them to court over this.

Old 05-31-2010, 10:59 AM   #13

1600 nomad paint

For now anyone who ask's I just tell them it's a factory paint job and I explaine how I have been treated by the company and that there turns them off to kawasucki. every one say's should of bought a HARLEY....I think I should have spent the extra cash myself and bought one. when I get rid of this piece of junk. Who wants to buy it now. 2 years old and its a piece of s--t. I'm sorry I paid it off.

Old 05-31-2010, 06:26 PM   #14
Sr. Contributor

1600 nomad paint

Well I was a dealer tech for VW, Volvo, Triumph (cars) Saab, M Benze, Citron, MGB, Bently, Jag.

And the dealers will lie to you, and to their own grand mothers.

You walk in to the dealer and demand an appointment with the factory rep, and let them know you wilk see them in court, and filing to small claimes is the next place you are going right after you see the lawyer. That you are willing to pay your laywer 5 times what the fender is worth out of principle. You plan to force ma kawwi to her kneees over a fender, and that you will never again buy anything they make. And walk out after leaving your phone number. Don't even listen to a word they have to say.

Pretty soon the Factory Rep will call, and you can tell him that unless he has a fender before the court date you will see him in court, and he can explain to the judge why they failed to replace their shoddy paint.

I am not brand loyal, a bit. If you think HD has no problems you are way wrong.

I know of a case where a HD went into tank slapper mode and they tuffed it right up the buyers butt. This is how the world works on the consumer.

I am telling you what to do, and you think I am stupid I guess. I bought a Izusu Trooper amnd 500 miles after warrenty the power sterring pump locked up like a rock was in it. The dealer told be tuff chit. I demanded the factory rep. he came and told me I have never been in for service once.

I grinned in his face, showed him reciepts for oil and filters, plus other parts and a dated page in the shop manuall, and pointed out I had forgetten more about cars than all that dealers tech knew combined, and that if he could open the book and point to me the page where that steering pump needed any service, I would in deed buy the pump.

I knew, and he knew he could NOT point to any such page in the book and they installed a new pump on warrenty.

I can see no way you could have ruined that paint, and it is ruined. Ma Kawii OWES you either a new fender, or new paint.

Now it just pisses me off to no end, you come in here and act like a little girl, and put down a make and model because you got a bad deal on one. If this is what you did in the dealer, they probably run and hide when they see you coming. We can't do a thing for you, but you could learn to take some sound advice.

This BS happens on every model and make of everything, because some bean counter gets robots to make stuff. You have legal leverage unless you didn't get this on paper while under warrenty, and fact you fail to let me know!

If all this took place after warrenty you are SCREWED.

And then there are somethings you could have done and not even know it. I ruined less than 24 hour old brand new chromed wheel on my truck, because i bought them with new tires and drove up the NJ Turnpike and ran across some very nasty chemicals spilled on the highway. The next day the wheels were junk, all eatten up and i was in New England and not going back. I ate that.

Last year i hit a jeep that hhit a moose and I ate that too, since I didn't want to pay the price for increased ins, while the fender was worth twice my deductable. Had I reported it I would never be done paying for the fender. This is life, Life isn't fair.

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac

Old 05-31-2010, 07:20 PM   #15

1600 nomad paint

THE DEALER AND KAWASUCKI CAN GO TO HELL

I don't know about your dealer, but you are talking to people who are here because they like their Kawasakis.

That you have had a bad experience probably won't change any of our minds.