Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 05-21-2008, 01:52 PM   #1

Just Completed Level II Pistol

Just finished my Level II pistol class. My targets were all 95% middle chest area. The others were still middle body but a little high or low. The ones off middle circle area were the ones we practiced using one hand only, dominate hand then the other hand, and low light...all lights were out they held a flashlight behind us. So I guess I did pretty good. We went thru 200 rounds of ammo and I had to stop and put a bandaid on one of my fingers where it was starting to rub but no blister...soft hands :-/. I was the only female in the class so I caught a lot of flak but at the end when we got our certificates all the guys applauded me. :-*

The scariest thing I ever heard. They played a 911 recording of a lady saying someone was breaking in her house. It was her and her baby in the house. The 911 operator of course told her to stay on the line with him....she was trying to hide in a bedroom with the baby...you could hear her saying ....he's coming in the bedroom!!!!'who are you'....'why are you here?' 'I'm on the phone with the police...they're on the way'....then you hear screams and the phone goes dead. The women and infant were both found dead...beat to death with a hammer.......Much discussion...instead of staying on the phone taking the baby and trying to go out another exit from the house, if she did have a gun..have it loaded and framed on the bedroom door...tell him she was armed and if he comes in the door she will shoot...and be ready to shoot if he did open the door....instead of just sitting in the bedroom on the phone saying the police are on the way.....the 911 tape we listened to lasted approx 3 mins. Food for thought.
Kawanow Member #23
Hubbie-Ken '10 Metalic Black Goldwing

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-21-2008, 02:03 PM   #2
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge

that makes my stomach turn...........

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 05-21-2008, 02:14 PM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to jussmatt

Congarts to you Unwind!!! I'm in the process of getting my CCL now. I'm with you BD...makes my stomach turn hearing such thoughts!!!

A lot of people just get caught up in the whole "gun control" issue and never get to the heart of discussions like you do in those classes. Just having a gun isn't enough....and can be MORE dangerous if you don't know how to use it or have it properly maintained....and that means LOADED!!!

Some more food for thought.... kind of directed more towards the ladies... and I guess Nico since I've been told he carries a "murse"!! LOL! A lot of women will carry their pistols in their purse. That's actually one of the WORST places to carry them. If you're walking in a parking lot...where do you think the first place a crook is going to grab? Even if he's not interested in the purse...you'll have to unzip/unflap...and (according to most purses I've seen) have to dig around to find it!! That's all WAYYYYY too much time! If you carry it on your person, give them the purse... use it as a distraction, while you can get your weapon and then "take care of business!!" I could go on for days on this subject... but I'm sure it'll all get mentioned in here anyway.

Old 05-21-2008, 02:30 PM   #4

Congrats on taking and finishing the course unwind2. I think women riding bikes are sexy ,but women who ride and carry heat are over the top
Seriously, there are a lot of perverts out there and I am glad you are taking the steps to protect yourself. there are a lot of women and men also who are afraid to even own a firearm.
As for the 911 tape it is a shame people are taught to be passive and rely on the police for protection.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 05-21-2008, 04:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowndodge "Darksider"
that makes my stomach turn...........
It was very sad but sobering to listen to.....I can still hear the panic in her voice and the screaming.... Thank God I did not hear the baby crying -some in the class said they heard the baby crying:'(. It gave me motivation when we were out on the range practicing later.
Kawanow Member #23
Hubbie-Ken '10 Metalic Black Goldwing

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-21-2008, 05:57 PM   #6
Top Contributor

CONGRATS

That story is very sad :( :( :(..........but picture it this way.....

The scariest thing I ever heard. They played a 911 recording of a lady saying someone was breaking in her house. It was her and her baby in the house. The 911 operator of course told her to stay on the line with him....she was trying to hide in a bedroom with the baby...you could hear her saying ....he's coming in the bedroom!!!!'who are you'....'why are you here?' 'I'm on the phone with the police...they're on the way'....'you are putting me in fear for my life and my childs life and I have a weapon aimed at the door.......stop and leave the premises immediately...you are putting me in fear for our lives....stop now!! BOOMBOOM .......BOOM. (that's two chest/one head).......then you hear screams and the woman says "I shot the intruder, he scared me to death....please send an ambulance for me and my child". The intruder was found dead................ All recorded ......man, I LIKE that outcome better if someone HAS to go through the experience of an idiot invading their own home.

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
VBA National Leader-USA Operations/Garage Moderator - RETIRED
2006 Black Nomad since she was born
Greensboro, NC

Old 05-21-2008, 06:43 PM   #7

todd1 very good

Old 05-21-2008, 07:58 PM   #8

That would be the ideal scenario Todd, however I wonder how many people would still hesitate in a situation like that only to be disarmed, and possibly have it used against you.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 05-21-2008, 08:01 PM   #9

Congratulations; unwind2 thats great to hear. I wish we were allowed to have similar training here. Hopefully you will never have to resort to using it, but it nice to have an ace up your sleeve when you need it.

VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 05-21-2008, 08:54 PM   #10

Send a message via AIM to Idaho

Congrats unwind. More ladies should learn to defend themselves.

As a State Police Chaplain I went out with the troopers to qualify with their new Glock 45 autos a few years ago. During the two day course we had to stand nose to nose with a silhouette, guns holstered and imagine that the bad guy made an agressive move. We would push the bad guy away with our non gun hand, yell "STOP" take one step back, clear leather and put two rounds in the chest. After we did this a few times one of the troopers next to me asked me why the Chaplain was out here learning to kill people. I told him that it was male bonding. He liked that.
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter

Old 05-21-2008, 10:25 PM   #11

Congrats!!!!!!! That's awesome!!!!!

Old 05-22-2008, 05:05 AM   #12
Top Contributor

my guns killed less people then Ted Kennedy's car

Old 05-22-2008, 08:23 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezer
my guns killed less people then Ted Kennedy's car
Mine too!

VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 05-22-2008, 09:09 AM   #14
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringadingh
That would be the ideal scenario Todd, however I wonder how many people would still hesitate in a situation like that only to be disarmed, and possibly have it used against you.
Well, that is a possibility....but as many on here have said, training is the key...you have to know what you are going to do if you ever point the muzzle at anyone and it has to be instinct......a fight or flee reaction......once you point the muzzle.....you have chosen the course and training and instinct can take over...

Goes back to what my Dad taught me when I was really young and first started handling guns....he said "Don't point it at anything you don't intend to kill" I guess "intend to shoot" might apply better...but same logic.

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
VBA National Leader-USA Operations/Garage Moderator - RETIRED
2006 Black Nomad since she was born
Greensboro, NC

Old 05-22-2008, 07:11 PM   #15

I was taught the same thing Todd, I only use it for hunting, hopefully thats enough.

VBA #27
VROC #18951