Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > NorthWest Group

Old 05-24-2010, 09:51 PM   #1
Top Contributor

Anyone still here?

Sheesh....this has got to be the slowest board on the forum...not much action in here lately!

I'm still hoping to make the SW Rally next month, but time will tell. As some of you may have read on the SW board, my wife got laid off a couple weeks ago in a corporate down-sizing... :(. It sucks, but we're doing okay and I have been saving for the trip for quite awhile (both $$ and vacation time)....so I may go anyways.... !

I dropped a card on a Nomad I saw in Snohomish this past weekend and he emailed me right away! He said he wishes to join the group so we'll see. He lives between Monroe and Snohomish and has had his Nomad for four years....but never heard of KawaNOW until I dropped the card on his bike!

It's funny, but he was parked in front of a small antique shop and I knew he was probably in there. Had I been riding alone, I would have gone in looking for him (he WAS in there), but my wife is not so much into stalking ....so I just dropped the card on his bike and hoped for the best... !

Charlie and I are hoping to ride up to Armstrong, BC this weekend to hang and ride with Lomax provided the weather does not totally suck.....and Charlie gets his bike going (see his post in the garage section)! Supposed to meet Elvis, Rickyboy and Hammer just across the border as they plan to ride some of the way with us as well. Hope we get to make the run....thinking positive here! The weather forecast is not horrible as of right now....mostly cloudy....with a slight chance of a shower here and there....but I can ride in that. If the weather allows....Tricia and I are going.....and my fingers are crossed for Charlie and Ava!

Anyways....whats everyone up to...?? Hope everyone is getting in a ride here and there! If you haven't already....keep in mind the Vancouver Island ride in mid July....and make your reservations asap if you still can.... ;)!

As always....ride safe.... ;)!

VBA #0691
2017 HD Ultra Limited Low
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional"

Custer 2009|Kalispell 2010|Cortez 2010|Crescent City 2011|Kanab 2012|Canmore 2012|Estes Park 2013|Orofino 2014|Lake Tahoe 2015|Red Lodge 2016

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-24-2010, 11:26 PM   #2
Advanced Member

Anyone still here?

Hey Kris
Yes, it certainly is quiet on this board. Its about 9 days since the last post here. Everybody is out riding and no time to post!

I'm not sure if you had a look at the weather forecast that I follow but here's a link for it......

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/CABC0014

It does not look very encouraging for this area. If you scroll to the bottom, the longer term forecast looks downright nasty. After Tuesday, things go down hill big time. You may need to wear a.....snorkel!!!

Mike

Mike Donahue
Morinville, AB
VBA#17

"Every day above ground is a good one!"

Old 05-24-2010, 11:46 PM   #3
Top Contributor

Anyone still here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax
Hey Kris
Yes, it certainly is quiet on this board. Its about 9 days since the last post here. Everybody is out riding and no time to post!

I'm not sure if you had a look at the weather forecast that I follow but here's a link for it......

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/CABC0014

It does not look very encouraging for this area. If you scroll to the bottom, the longer term forecast looks downright nasty. After Tuesday, things go down hill big time. You may need to wear a.....snorkel!!!

Mike
That does look bleak. Let's give it a few more days....you never know....
VBA #0691
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

Custer 2009|Kalispell 2010|Cortez 2010|Crescent City 2011|Kanab 2012|Canmore 2012|Estes Park 2013|Orofino 2014|Lake Tahoe 2015|Red Lodge 2016

Old 05-25-2010, 01:00 AM   #4

Anyone still here?

Hi All,

I have been reading and posting in other areas of the site. I just don't have an original Nomad related thought in my head right now as this wet weather sucks. I hope that little warm patch we had a few weeks ago wasn't our summer!

I hope you guys get your ride in next weekend. I am hoping to get enough of a weather break to do a day ride and an end of the day bbq. but lots of crap to get done around the house before I can plan that.

I may try to sneak out at the end of June and meet Gman if he does the Hells Canyon ride. Nothing long maybe 1 night at best.

Ride safe!
Schoeney
VBA #659
2003 Nomad 1500 (Gone but never forgotten)
2005 Honda ST1300 - Sweet and still kickin
2006 Honda Goldwing - Best Boat in the Marina

Old 05-25-2010, 01:11 AM   #5
Top Contributor

Anyone still here?

Hey schoeney.....if we don't ride up north and the weather looks better down south.....can we crash your BBQ..... ??
VBA #0691
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-25-2010, 07:45 AM   #6
Advanced Member

Anyone still here?

Just spent 4 days in Kalispell for the Canadian long week-end. Spent most of it sitting in the trailer and shopping, Got out for a ride Saturday afternoon for 5 hours, dodging the rain and snow as we went, and again Sunday night for a couple of hours. Rode a few more of the back roads we've never been down and saw more huge houses that we never knew were in the area.

The movie stars like the area around Kalispell and Whitefish and when we ride the back roads, we come across the most amazing 'farmsteads' you've ever seen. My favorite was the big ranch - 2 large mansions, 3 or 4 very large barns, white fences around everything, cattle, horses, a camel, and a zebra. And that's a sight you won't see too often, a camel and a zebra grazing with the horses.

There are hundreds of miles of paved back roads around Kalispell and you can ride for days and still not see them all. We prefer the back roads since there is most often very little traffic, we can stop anytime to be lookyloos, and we see some of the nicest countryside that way.

Old 05-25-2010, 01:17 PM   #7

Anyone still here?

may has been cold and wet here so i'm not doing much more then
occasional short rides.i do plan to go to the southwest rally on
june 12th so i am hoping for warmer wheather.[ kris,you need
to be there ].we need to plant the seeds for a combined n/w,s/w
rally next summer.
VBA # 745 COG #11621
wheatland,wy.
rallies-custer 09,kalispell 10,crescent city 11,kanab 12,estes park 13,orifino 14.,red lodge 16

2015 ninja 1000 abs
2014 concourse 14
2012 concourse 14-sold
2011 vaquero-sold
2008 nomad-sold
2005 classic-sold

Old 05-25-2010, 06:56 PM   #8

Anyone still here?

Hi Kris,

I have a couple friends who got laid off in the last 12 months and now Tricia. I am sorry for her job situation. With the economy the way it is, unemployment has become more pronounced and almost everybody is being affected by it directly or indirectly. Hope everything will get sorted out for you guys soon.

The weather has been less than ideal recently thus the forums have been quite.

My wife and I had an extended Victoria Day Weekend (3+1 days). Initially we planned on riding to Wenatchee Valley and booked hotel, etc. but then chickened out and drove instead. It was snowing at Stevens Pass and there were rainy passages on the mountains as well. It was fine on the other side of the Cascades, and we discovered several routes for future riding.

I'm still in for the Saturday ride and hope the weather will cooperate...

Cheers,

E.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:05 PM   #9

Anyone still here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycleCat
Just spent 4 days in Kalispell for the Canadian long week-end. Spent most of it sitting in the trailer and shopping, Got out for a ride Saturday afternoon for 5 hours, dodging the rain and snow as we went, and again Sunday night for a couple of hours. Rode a few more of the back roads we've never been down and saw more huge houses that we never knew were in the area.

The movie stars like the area around Kalispell and Whitefish and when we ride the back roads, we come across the most amazing 'farmsteads' you've ever seen. My favorite was the big ranch - 2 large mansions, 3 or 4 very large barns, white fences around everything, cattle, horses, a camel, and a zebra. And that's a sight you won't see too often, a camel and a zebra grazing with the horses.

There are hundreds of miles of paved back roads around Kalispell and you can ride for days and still not see them all. We prefer the back roads since there is most often very little traffic, we can stop anytime to be lookyloos, and we see some of the nicest countryside that way.

CC- That must have been my place....sounds just like mine...including the Zebra

Hey Kris,

If I were you I would head east this weekend...Wenatchee + Yakima weather looks good!
VBA #659

Old 05-25-2010, 09:42 PM   #10
Advanced Member

Anyone still here?

Still trying to figure out what anyone would want with a camel. You might be able to ride the zebra but what the hell do you do with a camel?

Old 05-25-2010, 11:03 PM   #11

Anyone still here?

Well I have officially given up. I can not for the life of me figure out why she won't start. If the guy that does pick up and delivery for the local dealer doesn't call (been waiting since yesterday morning) I will rent a trailer and take the bike to the shop this weekend.

I gotta say though, that new color is effin' sparkley!

Charlie "Ballast" Krogh
2005 1600 Nomad "Tangerine Dream"
VBA #999
VROC #29355

Old 05-25-2010, 11:45 PM   #12
Top Contributor

Anyone still here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballast
Well I have officially given up. I can not for the life of me figure out why she won't start. If the guy that does pick up and delivery for the local dealer doesn't call (been waiting since yesterday morning) I will rent a trailer and take the bike to the shop this weekend.

I gotta say though, that new color is effin' sparkley!
Dude....that sucks. I take it you don't have AAA...?? They would pick your bike up for you and deliver it wherever you want. I used them recently to haul my bike to the shop from my garage when I discovered I had a flat rear tire awhile back. Their service is well worth the annual membership fee.

Keep in touch and let me know how you make out, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for the weekend... :-/.

VBA #0691
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

Old 05-26-2010, 06:33 AM   #13

Anyone still here?

Hey Charlie,

Kris is right. Your insurance policy might also have free towing and possibly your cell phone contract.

Good luck. Did you post the latest pics of it? Where?

G
VBA #659

Old 05-26-2010, 09:41 AM   #14

Anyone still here?

No pics yet. I'll check my insurance and AMA

Charlie "Ballast" Krogh
2005 1600 Nomad "Tangerine Dream"
VBA #999
VROC #29355

Old 05-26-2010, 11:09 AM   #15

Anyone still here?

AMA...that is a good thought. I bet they have towing.
VBA #659