In Association with VBA Web : Memorial | Merchandise

Important Info : Please Read!
If this is your first visit to our new forum (est. 9.20.11) and you're already registered on the old forum, you'll have to request a new password in order to log in here. To do so, please Click Here and fill in the proper info. You must use the email address that you originally registered with on the old forum. You will then be emailed a new password (if you don't see it, please check your spam/junk folder). If you have any problems at all, please email us at mail@VulcanBagger.com. Thanks!

Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic > Lighter Side/Jokes
Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2008, 10:26 AM   #16

Finally did it

Good catch there Misunderstood!!!!! I would have posted pics of the gym!!!!
Old 02-18-2008, 10:27 AM   #17

Finally did it

Well i'm not taking a bike ride anytime soon. It is about 15 degrees out right now and snow and ice everywhere. I will be staying inside working out.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:05 PM   #18

Send a message via AIM to Idaho
Finally did it

Jsut got off the Schwinn and the Total Gym again. I'm feeling lighter already.

SWB where are you man? Dakals, give us an update. Diet and exercise. I just came up with that. Honest.
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter
Old 02-18-2008, 12:10 PM   #19

Finally did it

Quote:
Alright!!!!! Our own little fat farm. Now, substitute carrots and celery for those snacks. What kind of exercise equipment do you have? Dust it off. Ye haw. We are off and running. Well in my case cycling. I'm 220 lubs right now. Headed for 205.
I have a full on free weight setup that serves me well. Use a Smith setup so I bench press to muscle failure without a spotter.
For cardio I work the bag. Also have a tradmill that the wife loves, but after a couple of knee surgeries I found that the bag is better for my joints. Just went from 208 to 194 since Christmas and feel best between 185-190. We'll see...not 25 anymore, yanno?

Audiogooroo - Daryl Porter
Colorado Springs, CO
VBA #248
VROC #17261
1999 Grn/Grn Nomad
Old 02-18-2008, 12:16 PM   #20
Top Contributor

Finally did it

Started going back to the gym and doing an interval cardio program that can be used with any kind of machine. It involves increasing and decreasing levels of exertion throughout a 35 minute workout. I've burned over 400 calories using this workout. If you want a copy, let me know and I'll pm you with it.

Also getting back into lifting by doing a total body workout, but not one of those that involves a million machines and as many reps. It involves basic core exercises, 15-20 reps with light weight to start. This starts building muscle which burns fat more efficiently. Again, if you want copies, let me know.

My weight at my doctors appt on Saturday was 278 which is down from 285. There, now I'm really letting you guys in on my dark secrets.
VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss
2005 "StrongBear" Black/Silver

Todd and BD

Old 02-18-2008, 12:27 PM   #21

Finally did it

Way to go AG. Stay in shape man.

SWB, do you have a goal to reach? Come on,,,,,,give us a number
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter
Old 02-18-2008, 12:29 PM   #22
Top Contributor

Finally did it

My ultimate goal is to get down to 210, but my more immediate goal is 250.
VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss

Todd and BD

Old 02-18-2008, 12:36 PM   #23

Finally did it

250 it is. We can do that.

I am cutting out bread, chips, cookies, cake, ice cream. Drinking more water and less coffee with sugar in it. Eating more fruit and vegies and lean meat.
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter
Old 02-18-2008, 01:24 PM   #24

Send a message via Yahoo to jussmatt
Finally did it

You guys are killing me over here... Alright SWB.. w/ the exception of our MCH on 3/1... I'll join you two in this lane brain idea... been working out w/ the wife now for a bit. I'm sitting at 210 right now... okok.... 215... Goal is 185. Got the free weight set up along w/ the gerbal machine (aka dead mill... aka clothes hanger... aka.. you get the pic) and already doing lots of running and trying to cut back on meals. I'm not going overboard on what I eat as in changing everything... just changin amounts. And cutting out some of the snacks...chips & Salsa are my weakness!! Anyway... we'll see how this turns out... Man... I must be nuts... I already need a beer just thinking about it!!! LOL!
Old 02-18-2008, 01:40 PM   #25

Finally did it

I'm eating my krystals and fries while reading.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:46 PM   #26

Finally did it

I've found that there is not a single nutrition plan that works for everyone. But there is one nutrition plan that will work for you. The trick is to find it. It always sems to involve a lifestyle change, but it can't be so strict that eating meals is devoid of all pleasure and if you feel deprived all of the time, you won't stick with it. I limit my carbs and don't eat sugar at all, but that doesn't work for my wife. I will also go pretty strict for several weeks when I want to lose some poundage, but when a special event comes along (holidays, etc) all bets are off! :)
It's okay to enjoy a tasty, perhaps less than healthy meal from time to time, I just can't eat thay way all of the time. And exercise is key, so find something you don't hate and stick with it. After a while it just becomes part of your routine...kinda like brushing your teeth.
I can't say that I enjoy lifting, but I've just done it for so long that I really don't think about it anymore. Just part of my routine 3 times per week.
My wife asks me if I actually like lifting and I tell her I hate it! The only thing I hate more is how I feel if I don't do it. But I've found what works for me.
Stick with it guys. It will bear results, and you'll be glad you did. So will your family.

Limiting carbs and having a taste for beer is a tough one for me to navigate for sure.

Colorado Springs, CO
VBA #248
VROC #17261
1999 Grn/Grn Nomad
Old 02-18-2008, 01:53 PM   #27
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
Finally did it

Geeee SWB your quite the side of beef! Maybe you should move up to the Vulcan 2000. Your poor Nomad probably shakes with fear everytime you walk near her!!!! LOL

Now on the lighter side. Us old shiits must have been on the same wave length this year. I started my low carb diet in January and I weighed 239lbs at 6'1" (I swear I was 6'2" 15 years ago!). Anyway, with that and weight lifting just twice a week, I've lost 14 lbs (225) and my goal is an even 200lbs. Anything in my house that has carbs is tossed. Even my coffee creamer is now surgar free (less that 1 carb per serving).

Steamed veggies, all the different types of meats, cheese, alcohol !!! yippee. My daily carb intake varies from 10 to 25 a day which is way low. IF I get a sugar craving, I eat a giant tablespoon of Cool Whip on no-carb jello. Don't use the low fat stuff cause it has more carbs. Only 2 carbs per tablespoon on jello and I feel like I'm cheating! I eat almost no fruits. No fruit juice drinks. I supplement the lack of vitamin C with multivitamins.

After the shock of my system from robbing it of the carbohydrates, my body is now processing the fat stored to get the carbos that I need for energy and I have almost a nervous amount of energy from the rush!

As I get older I can't eat all types of grains; rice, breads all types any grain food. Use to love to bread with everything... I don't drink milk either, not much carbs but I don't believe your body really needs milk after infancy.

Hopefully by the time the Western Get Together I'll by at 200 !!!!! Did i mention you get to drink alcohol??!!!! yippee again! Lets whip fat!!!!!!

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005
Old 02-18-2008, 01:57 PM   #28

Finally did it

Good for you BD.
Man that is low carb at 20-25 grams per day. Like I said, that's what works for me, but it may not be the thing for everyone.
And I'm lke you in that I was 5'11" all of my life and then was measured at the Drs this year at 5'10". I appear to be shrinking.

Colorado Springs, CO
VBA #248
VROC #17261
1999 Grn/Grn Nomad
Old 02-18-2008, 02:12 PM   #29

Finally did it

BD's Diet!!
Old 02-18-2008, 02:17 PM   #30
Top Contributor

Finally did it

BD, nah, she's a strong girl, so I don't need to move up in weight class.

I recognize the Atkins diet when I read it, and it works. The thing to watch out for is to not return to the starches after you hit your goal. I was on Atkins years ago and after losing, got back on the starches. Big mistake. Now, I'm watching my portions and lowering my intake of starches and trying to keep the calories to a manageable level.
VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss

Todd and BD