In Association with VBA Web : Memorial | Merchandise

Important Info : Please Read!
If this is your first visit to our new forum (est. 9.20.11) and you're already registered on the old forum, you'll have to request a new password in order to log in here. To do so, please Click Here and fill in the proper info. You must use the email address that you originally registered with on the old forum. You will then be emailed a new password (if you don't see it, please check your spam/junk folder). If you have any problems at all, please email us at mail@VulcanBagger.com. Thanks!

Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic > Lighter Side/Jokes
Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2008, 10:47 PM   #31

What's your profession?

I'm a Graveyard shift Supervisor for Emerson Electric Company in the Lamination Fabrication Dept.. We build Washer and Dryer motors for Whirlpool, Kenmore, Maytag, Speed Queen, Ammana, Frigidaire, and a few others I can't think of. Worked for Emerson 33 yrs. 5yrs. as a press oper., 13 yrs. as a Sub-foreman, 15 yrs. as a Dept. Supervisor. :'(
VBA #146
Old 02-16-2008, 11:03 PM   #32

What's your profession?

Retired from the Army after 22 years. Currently a Physician Assistant working with a Cardiology Group.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:36 PM   #33
Mega-Contributor

What's your profession?

For the past 7-1/2 years, I've worked for Avnet, Inc. We are one of the largest electronic component and computer equipment distributors in the world and the second largest (used to be largest, until a mining co. merger last year) publicly traded company headquartered in Arizona. For the first 6.5 years, I was a Unix Systems Administrator specializing in AIX and Linux. For the past year, I am a Senior Systems Administrator and I now manage enterprise e-commerce application servers.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 02-16-2008, 11:39 PM   #34

What's your profession?

Drive a package car for UPS 16 years!!
Old 02-16-2008, 11:57 PM   #35

What's your profession?

Audio Engineer. I mix sound for live performances and design and install concert audio systems in venues all over the country....which is why I'm in L.A. right now.

Audiogooroo - Daryl Porter
Colorado Springs, CO
VBA #248
VROC #17261
1999 Grn/Grn Nomad
Old 02-16-2008, 11:59 PM   #36

What's your profession?

What an assortment we are. And we have our love for our Nomads. And we can thank Trip for bringing us together.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:18 AM   #37

What's your profession?

Spent 20 years in the car biz., last 8 as gen. mgr. of a GM Dealership. Last 23 years I've owned a residential and commercial flooring company. We do flooring in retail stores from the east coast to Kansas and from Minnesota to South Carolina and we have a retail store in Washington Court House, Ohio I would retire (have a son and a daughter in the business), but I'm having to much fun!
Old 02-17-2008, 01:42 AM   #38

What's your profession?

I've been a carpenter, heavy equipment operator, Interstate truck driver, and then decided to do 6 years of college and get a Masters and became a psychotherapist.
Old 02-17-2008, 03:10 AM   #39

What's your profession?

Quote:
Hey Nomadman. How much does one of those cost? In Euros, or US dollars? How about the fuel economy;?
It is very nice looking, I am impressed. Any chance of them coming to the US market?
Hi rflnomad,

The price of a 2 axle tractor with this V8 engine and top af the range driverscab is about 125.000 euros, fuel economy is a difficult point, the topographic differences in Europe are great, but an average consuming is 3 km on one liter or on 1 gallon you can get 7 miles.
Our factory started delivering low emission engines to Navistar for use in class 8 trucks in the States, but delivering of complete trucks I hope it, but I don't expect it.

Thanks for your interest!

Jan

Old 02-17-2008, 06:54 AM   #40
Advanced Member

What's your profession?

44 years as a Teamster & the past 21 years a line haul truck driver for Roadway Express. Only 7 years to go until retirement. Not a day goes by I don't count the months left before I cut the ball & chain. -Rich
Old 02-17-2008, 07:36 AM   #41

What's your profession?

Make steel, Production Supervisor of a 50 Ton Electric Arc Furnace. 33 years.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:04 AM   #42

What's your profession?

Quote:
What an assortment we are. And we have our love for our Nomads. And we can thank Trip for bringing us together.

THANKS TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-17-2008, 11:21 AM   #43
Advanced Member

What's your profession?

For the last 11 years, I've been a Regional Quality Manager for Louisiana-Pacific Corp. (a wood building products company), over the southern region OSB mills. This December the company reorganized the regions and my job has been eliminated. I have until the end of March to find something else with LP or take severance. I will complete my degree in Information Technology in May, so may leave LP and try to find something in IT. It would probably be a drastic cut in pay, but after 21 years with LP, I'm ready to do something else.
Pablo
Old 02-17-2008, 11:41 AM   #44

What's your profession?

Life Enrichment Manager.......
My job is to manage and enrich the lives of my wife and myself for the duration of whatever time we have left. And weather permitting, that usually starts out with a "Nomadic Ride" to anywhere the sun is shining, and the Grub is palatable. In the winter I pray a lot for "Spring".
Old 02-17-2008, 11:53 AM   #45

What's your profession?

After 32 years of keeping the lights on for the people of the City of Macon, I discovered my true calling and became a house husband.