In Association with VBA Web : Memorial | Merchandise

Important Info : Please Read!
If this is your first visit to our new forum (est. 9.20.11) and you're already registered on the old forum, you'll have to request a new password in order to log in here. To do so, please Click Here and fill in the proper info. You must use the email address that you originally registered with on the old forum. You will then be emailed a new password (if you don't see it, please check your spam/junk folder). If you have any problems at all, please email us at mail@VulcanBagger.com. Thanks!

Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic > Lighter Side/Jokes
Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2007, 10:30 AM   #16
Top Contributor

Your First Bike - Your Best Bike

Quote:
And Todd...when it comes to teenagers, the journey is all up hill from here my friend.

:-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ Hoooorah!! :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
VBA National Leader-USA Operations/Garage Moderator - RETIRED
2006 Black Nomad since she was born
Greensboro, NC
Old 10-07-2007, 07:34 PM   #17

First bike Honda Rebel. Only been riding my own 7 years have had 5 bikes and the Nomad is the bestest ..... :-*
Kawanow Member #23
Hubbie-Ken '10 Metalic Black Goldwing
Old 10-08-2007, 07:29 PM   #18

Yes suennico...it definitely was a "sometimer" moment!

Hey guys and gals...I just got home from an unexpected 905 mile trip on my Nomad I had to travel to north western Pennsylvania to deal with a family issue involving my 83 year old grandmother. (A must have discussion over hospitalization and need for a long term care facility). Anyway, I checked the five day weather forcast and grabbed the keys to the motorcycle. ;) It was a BEAUTIFUL RIDE both up and back and took roughly 8 hours each way. (ofcourse with short nascar style pitstops for the cause and gas)

I left there at 6:30 this morning and hit FOG blankets while in the mountain areas the first 2 1/2 to 3 hours of the ride. It was kinda neat...I would go up above it on the mountains, pass through it and then go below it in the valley. I did have one red fox run across in front of me while in the fog; that got my attention!

It was like high tech horseback riding...gitteee up! I ended up sitting in my father's hot tub after I arrived and...you can bet your pay check that I will be sitting in mine tonight. I saw signs for Skyline Drive and the thought of taking it definitely crossed my mind. BUT! I have court tomorrow and the extra hours was not feasible. I guess they will have to be scheduled as part of another trip...this time with room reservations ;).
Old 10-08-2007, 08:06 PM   #19
Top Contributor

My first was a '73 Yamaha 175 Enduro in '75. This is my best bike so far.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:33 PM   #20
Advanced Member

My first bike was purchased just under 2 years ago. It's a 2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50T (805cc). What a delite to ride and a godsend to learn on. I finally scratched a 25-year itch and learned to ride at the MSF. The wife gave me the blessing, and that's all she wrote! Over 11,000 miles later the bike's still going strong, is loaded with accessories, goodies, and LOTS of chrome... but its days with me are now numbered. I recently purchased a brand new 2006 Nomad 1600 (all black!) and the Suzi goes as a trade-in. I truly will miss it. And just like good ol' Alex Friedman when I was 16, she was my "other" first and that memory will always remain.

With that said, I also CANNOT WAIT to get my new Nomad!!! I almost didn't return it after the test ride. Thought I'd just drive it home, call them and say, "I'll take it; send me the bill"!!! What a pleasure to ride!

Daryl
Old 10-09-2007, 08:00 AM   #21

I bought my first bike( 1973 Kawa 500 triple) in 1973, a year after joining the army. I've owned 3 of the triples after that one, one was a 750 triple. Have had a couple of honda's. One of the best bikes I ever owned was a 1983 V45 Sabre. Rode it cross country. Very smooth, very fast. I took a break for 10 years (Missed riding a bunch)when I decided to get back in it I bought a Kawa 800a, rode that for a year and then bought the nomad. I also joined the Guard after a 20 year break in service!! I guess I had a massive mid-live crisis. anyways, love to ride. I am a MSF coach on weekends and I ride about 12-15k a year. I love the nomad. carries a hell of a load.
By the way.........Wolfman, thanks for your service. We are all proud of what you did for us.
I've noticed a HUGE difference in the public attitude between now and Vietnam. it's good.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:17 PM   #22

OK , I'll admit the Nomad looks like an old mans bike, but what the hell, chronologically I am an old man. Retired last week after 44 years in a factory that fabricates wire. This retirement thing is all right, makes me happy to be an old guy
Hows that saying go? I can't stop growing older but I refuse to grow up. My first bike, 1965 Bridgestone 90cc. After I got mine some of my friends got 90's also. We had a ball on those things. Even rode two-up at times with our girlfriends.
Best bike, no contest the 2007 Nomad 1600, even with the clunking shifting and the whistling gas cap
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]
Old 10-10-2007, 02:41 PM   #23

Well Topcat, I guess the whistling gas cap, clunking shift, and inaccurate speedometer proves that nothing in life is perfect...BUT! I do still believe and contend that the Nomad is my favorite ride and, for the product vs the money, it's close enough to perfect.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:10 PM   #24
Top Contributor

My first bike was a Honda V-45 Magna( 750cc) in about '84. the Nomad is my BEST bike ever!!!
Old 10-20-2007, 07:45 PM   #25

don't have much bike experience either and don't think dirt bikes count or riding passenger...but first bike was vn750 - a bike with heart and could hold it's own with anything on the road. i'm still developing a relationship with my nomad...but my first love was the 750. i should have kept it just to make sure she would always be treated well. i often wonder where she is now...
Old 10-22-2007, 08:53 AM   #26
Top Contributor

My first bike was a Schwinn with the banana seat, ape-hangers and wire rims. Only had two speeds, fast and coast, but she was just fine for me. I moved up to one with 10 speeds, but took a nasty spill going over a speed bump and pulling pack so I could jump it only to have the front wheel pop out and I landed on the forks. My first experience with road rash.

Aaahhh, the good old days.
VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss
2005 "StrongBear" Black/Silver

Todd and BD

Old 10-22-2007, 11:16 AM   #27
Top Contributor

Quote:
My first bike was a Schwinn with the banana seat, ape-hangers and wire rims. Only had two speeds, fast and coast, but she was just fine for me. I moved up to one with 10 speeds, but took a nasty spill going over a speed bump and pulling pack so I could jump it only to have the front wheel pop out and I landed on the forks. My first experience with road rash.

What kinda mileage did you get?????

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
Greensboro, NC
Old 10-22-2007, 11:27 AM   #28
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge

Quote:

You shoulda stopped with that Schwinn! I think you were probably at your "horsepower maximum" with it!! LOL

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005
Old 10-22-2007, 11:33 AM   #29
Top Contributor

I prolly was! Too bad they didn't have forward controls on those bikes. Would have look really cool.
VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss
2005 "StrongBear" Black/Silver

Todd and BD

Old 10-22-2007, 11:38 AM   #30
Top Contributor

Quote:
[quote:udmw90kr]My first bike was a Schwinn with the banana seat, ape-hangers and wire rims. Only had two speeds, fast and coast, but she was just fine for me. I moved up to one with 10 speeds, but took a nasty spill going over a speed bump and pulling pack so I could jump it only to have the front wheel pop out and I landed on the forks. My first experience with road rash.

You shoulda stopped with that Schwinn! I think you were probably at your "horsepower maximum" with it!! LOL [/quote:udmw90kr]

<marquee>Maybe his "HorseSh*t Maximum" LOL </marquee>

Todd Frazier
VBA #0003
Greensboro, NC