Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 07-15-2015, 08:24 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillisfire View Post
I just changed my handle bars last weekend. I went with 2 inch risers and 10 inch bars with a 6 inch pull back. I did internal wiring, so I had to add an extension to the wires. The clutch line had plenty of slack to install with it still in the triple tree. I was also able to leave the brake line in the triple tree, but it is stretched and has very little slack.
Did you extend the wires yourself or did you get a kit? If you got a kit can I ask what kit you where you got it?
Thanks, Hoppy

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-15-2015, 08:38 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
That's awesome Hoppy, can't wait to see the pictures...

What I'm using is actually a plate that mounts on the bottom of the foot board. My legs are a tab bit longer than yours so I understand not being able to use the ones that mount on the hwy bar without it looking crazy.
I don't know where to get them because they came with the bike, but I will find out and let you know... I love them and use them almost everyday, even on short rides... The location is very comfortable...
I don't know if these are what you are using but they look like something I would like to try....unless others have had bad results with them.
http://www.comfortzoneride.com/colle...awasaki-vulcan

Old 08-01-2015, 11:39 AM   #48

I ended up ordering longer brake lines for my 2003 Nomad 1500 from Galfer due to having to stretch the stock line to it's maximum. How does one get to the left side brake line bolt at the junction block? I have plenty of room to access the right side bolt but the chrome cover for the lower triple tree blocks access to the left side bolt. I've tried taking the cover loose but no luck.

Thanks, Hoppy

Old 08-01-2015, 12:06 PM   #49
Advanced Member

Take the chrome cover off.
12" mini apes
Galfer lines (6' over)
EJK Dobeck
Reckless Fairing.
Led H4 headlight
All LED lights
Rockford Fosgate radio

Old 08-01-2015, 01:31 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jllm02199 View Post
Take the chrome cover off.
That's the problem. I can't get the chrome cover off. I've taken the four bolts out of the cover, lifted the cover enough to unattach it from the two rubber "Well Nuts" and still can't get it off. I found a good schematic of it at
http://www.kawasakipartshouse.com/oe...80a/front-fork but I can only get a bit of side to side and up and down movement out of the cover.

Hoppy

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-24-2023, 09:22 PM   #51

Hi - A number of posters have said 'not to go taller than 10" apes because even at 10", some cable/wire/hose were tight.' Were you able to install 12" apes without ANY need for cable/wire/hose extensions or modifications? Any thoughts on why some say don't go taller than 10" apes ? Thanks for your reply. P.S. I'm riding an 02 Nomad.

Old 09-29-2023, 06:15 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyN View Post
Hi - A number of posters have said 'not to go taller than 10" apes because even at 10", some cable/wire/hose were tight.' Were you able to install 12" apes without ANY need for cable/wire/hose extensions or modifications? Any thoughts on why some say don't go taller than 10" apes ? Thanks for your reply. P.S. I'm riding an 02 Nomad.

10" is as high as you could go with stock hoses and wires on your handlebars.
I had bought a set of 12's, not enough slack in the hoses, throttle cables, and wiring.
Anyway, if 10", you can rerun any tight lines, cables with the stock hoses.
To me, doesn't make much sense to just rise another 2 inches for a set of extended hoses and cables for a couple of hundred bucks, then have to hand rewire(extend) all your electrical control lines....
Now if you just gotta do it, hey, knock yourself out. With 10" bagger apes, you can reroute your stock stuff that will work on the 10" and still have a little slack when your on your stops....
Hope this helps.....

---------------------
Don't start no schit,
there won't be no schit....
*My Sarcasm is directly proportional
to the amount of Stupidity involved*
---------------------
VBA#03239
VROC#37400

VRA
---------------------
2014 Vaquero