Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 09-22-2010, 09:49 AM   #16

Cold Idel Solenoids

What purpose do they serve?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-22-2010, 10:36 AM   #17
Top Contributor

Cold Idel Solenoids

disconnecting the a wire on each solenoid sounds simple enough so I tried it, its quiet. I'll have to take the bike for a ride today.
74,010miles
VBA #299
Her's 10 900LT 36,700

09 Bath NY.
10 Lake George NY.
11 National Maggie Valley NC.
12 Pa Wilds (Wellsboro) Pa.
14 Lincoln NH.
17 National Lake George NY.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:37 AM   #18
Top Contributor

Cold Idel Solenoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
What purpose do they serve?
As i understand its basically for cold start-ups
74,010miles
VBA #299
Her's 10 900LT 36,700

09 Bath NY.
10 Lake George NY.
11 National Maggie Valley NC.
12 Pa Wilds (Wellsboro) Pa.
14 Lincoln NH.
17 National Lake George NY.

Old 09-22-2010, 06:19 PM   #19
Sr. Contributor

Cold Idel Solenoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBull
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton
OK
Ignore the note on the pic...it was from a previous post

I want to remove the cold idle solenoids all together
So....

A: Remove both and secure wires so as they do not touch anything metal or otherwise...correct?
B: Do I or Do I NOT plug the 2 plastic tubes that also connect the CIS's that are directly under the throttle body opening?

Thanks

ok, i see the two wires bottom right of pic...diconnect one (each side) and isolate real good....got it.

Do you then just pull the rubber hose off the solenid and cap? or do you remove the tube at/near the throttle body opening? or do you remove the hose9s) completely and cap of at solenoid and throttle body?
Da Bull Just above you post is Trosco's post which i agree with and just below your post is BD's which I agree with.

The test is to disable the ISC's with the pulling of one same color wire per side. That's it.

Then if you like that, then pull both ISC's right off, take the hoses with them, and cap off the steel ports tubings real tight, maybe silicon glue the caps in place.

For sure tape up the wires very well and nylon tie them to the backing plate which has a little mini framp hole in the plastic.

This allows for a cleaner air flow with any 9x2 filter. I use eithere paper or cloth spector filters. I get a season out of one may to dec1st and that's it.

Someone else asked about the quasi choke. All that does it cam the throttle platre open a bit for more AIR, and trip the throttle plate reostat to tell the ECU where the throttle plate is.

I have never pulled that knob once on my 06, at this point I bet it is seized IN.

I do the same thing it does either by hand or with my throttle lock. And that is run the engine at a slighty higher than normal RPM when it is first cold started for a few moments.

My engine warms up pretty well riding real slow out the 1/2 mile long dirt diveway, then another 1/4 mile maybe to paved real road.

I ride another 8 miles or so real easy to allow all engine systems to warm up before I play bad boy

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Old 09-22-2010, 08:03 PM   #20

Send a message via AIM to dabull
Cold Idel Solenoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBull

ok, i see the two wires bottom right of pic...diconnect one (each side) and isolate real good....got it.

Do you then just pull the rubber hose off the solenid and cap? or do you remove the tube at/near the throttle body opening? or do you remove the hose9s) completely and cap of at solenoid and throttle body?
Da Bull Just above you post is Trosco's post which i agree with and just below your post is BD's which I agree with.

The test is to disable the ISC's with the pulling of one same color wire per side. That's it.

Then if you like that, then pull both ISC's right off, take the hoses with them, and cap off the steel ports tubings real tight, maybe silicon glue the caps in place.

For sure tape up the wires very well and nylon tie them to the backing plate which has a little mini framp hole in the plastic.

This allows for a cleaner air flow with any 9x2 filter. I use eithere paper or cloth spector filters. I get a season out of one may to dec1st and that's it.

Someone else asked about the quasi choke. All that does it cam the throttle platre open a bit for more AIR, and trip the throttle plate reostat to tell the ECU where the throttle plate is.

I have never pulled that knob once on my 06, at this point I bet it is seized IN.

I do the same thing it does either by hand or with my throttle lock. And that is run the engine at a slighty higher than normal RPM when it is first cold started for a few moments.

My engine warms up pretty well riding real slow out the 1/2 mile long dirt diveway, then another 1/4 mile maybe to paved real road.

I ride another 8 miles or so real easy to allow all engine systems to warm up before I play bad boy

thanks bro :)

Login or Register to Remove Ads