Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Canada East Group

Old 01-22-2011, 05:03 PM   #16
Advanced Member

Princess Auto Sale

So I have confirmed with the local Princess Auto store that they will be changing policy to coincide with what the flyer says on the front. Sales start on Tuesdays ???
They said that no longer will someone be able to get SALE items on the Saturday before only on the START of the sale date. Infact they will be not getting merchandise for the sale till the Monday prior no exceptions due to many complaints of sale items on sale day not being available.
Just a heads up for anyone who normally tries to get there on weekends prior to sale. So they are enforcing the long standing policy of sale on sale day..go figure
I was able to get a few items I was interested in today, but going forward won't bother. If can't get there on sale day, oh well, guess I'll miss out, but it will mean I won't shop there as much I think, as Tuesdays for many is not feasible to get there. I also think that it will hurt there sales, but what do I know, a few complained and so they change things to accommodate them, even if it may be valid, still kinda sucks!!!!
Just an FYI.......

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-22-2011, 05:19 PM   #17

Princess Auto Sale

Won nothing that day Norm, I couldn't win an icecube in the Arctic most times.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 01-22-2011, 05:42 PM   #18

Princess Auto Sale

Geez I thought everyone won a hat!!!! The luggage I also won :):) was not bike luggage but travel luggage :) nice though and the Kawasaki Green really shows up on the conveyor beltd LOL

Old 01-22-2011, 06:09 PM   #19

Princess Auto Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper
Geez I thought everyone won a hat!!!! The luggage I also won :):) was not bike luggage but travel luggage :) nice though and the Kawasaki Green really shows up on the conveyor beltd LOL
Yup, I won a Kawasaki watch and the green really shows up when I raise my hand. I no longer go to auctions. :-[ :-[

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 01-22-2011, 08:20 PM   #20
Sr. Contributor

Princess Auto Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott (ve3hzz)
So I have confirmed with the local Princess Auto store that they will be changing policy to coincide with what the flyer says on the front. Sales start on Tuesdays ???
They said that no longer will someone be able to get SALE items on the Saturday before only on the START of the sale date. Infact they will be not getting merchandise for the sale till the Monday prior no exceptions due to many complaints of sale items on sale day not being available.
Just a heads up for anyone who normally tries to get there on weekends prior to sale. So they are enforcing the long standing policy of sale on sale day..go figure
I was able to get a few items I was interested in today, but going forward won't bother. If can't get there on sale day, oh well, guess I'll miss out, but it will mean I won't shop there as much I think, as Tuesdays for many is not feasible to get there. I also think that it will hurt there sales, but what do I know, a few complained and so they change things to accommodate them, even if it may be valid, still kinda sucks!!!!
Just an FYI.......
Do they have a one day sale on a Tuesday? Try purchasing the item on Tuesday by phone and pick it up the following Saturday.
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-22-2011, 09:17 PM   #21

Princess Auto Sale

hahahah Norm bought alot of stuff you didn't want :):)

Old 01-23-2011, 12:14 AM   #22
Advanced Member

Princess Auto Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by loafer
Do they have a one day sale on a Tuesday? Try purchasing the item on Tuesday by phone and pick it up the following Saturday.
The sale starts on Tuesdays, for about a week or 2? depending on the sale dates in the flyer.
You can call for SALE (special items) items on Tuesday morning and have them HOLD it for you for up to 5 days. So yes you could go get it on Saturday. Now I know they do this for anyone who calls in, however if this become a problem (too many calling in and none left for anyone that GOES to the store on that date) and some complain, I bet that would stop too, so that you would have to GO into the store to get the item. Right now it's never been an issue, but with this new policy, I can see that changing, but time will tell. I do understand there new initiatives, but see the OTHER side too is all....

Old 01-23-2011, 09:12 AM   #23
Sr. Contributor

Princess Auto Sale

Sounds like their purchasing agent should have to talk to the customers who can't buy the sale items because they ran out of inventory. I had a boss who did that to our purchasing agent once, didn't have a problem after that.

Old 01-23-2011, 10:15 AM   #24

Princess Auto Sale

All the ordering is done from Winnepeg for all the stores Canada wide. The local stores have no say in the ordering. My neighbour works at our store, and says that many times they will only have a couple sale items show up.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 01-23-2011, 11:35 AM   #25
Sr. Contributor

Princess Auto Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringadingh
All the ordering is done from Winnepeg for all the stores Canada wide. The local stores have no say in the ordering. My neighbour works at our store, and says that many times they will only have a couple sale items show up.
The man I worked for back in the early 70's always wanted 10% left of a sale item after the sale. He was more concerned about the customer than his competitors. Quess who is still in business.