Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Wanted

Old 03-04-2011, 12:24 AM   #16

WTB Dutch Bypass

The reason I am looking for a dutch bypass is that I am satisfied with the stock exhaust, but think the goats belly is ugly. I had a DB on my first Nomad, but it went with the bike when I sold it.

Larry Martel
02 1500 Nomad
VBA 01565
VROC4737
Patriot Guard Rider

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-04-2011, 10:03 AM   #17

Send a message via AIM to Idaho
WTB Dutch Bypass

Larry, you could go to a muffler shop to see if they would be willing to fabricate a bypass. My understanding is that most will not because of the issue of modifying stock exhaust.

I did not realize that those nice aftermarket pipes that many of you love so much are for OFF ROAD ONLY. Get out there in the weeds gents.
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter

Old 03-04-2011, 10:11 AM   #18
Advanced Member

WTB Dutch Bypass

What I would suggest is take the goats belly off the bike. Take it in and ask if they can make a pipe to match the angles. Most then may infact make a pipe for you and you will put it on the bike (with the hose clamps etc) so they didn't break any laws by making you a pipe. Also don't have to pay a lot more for them to CUSTOM fit it. As long as the angles are correct and the ends are the correct size and in the proper orientation it should work. maybe take a picture from the link provided as a guide for them. I bet many could come up with something and if there is any bikers there, they would be more sympathetic to your cause ;)

Scott

Old 03-04-2011, 10:41 AM   #19

WTB Dutch Bypass

If you put a by-pass on do you need the electronics for the fuel and air supply? It must have less back pressure with the by-pass!

Old 03-04-2011, 10:46 AM   #20

WTB Dutch Bypass

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper
If you put a by-pass on do you need the electronics for the fuel and air supply? It must have less back pressure with the by-pass!
No reason to change anything. It may have less backpressure, but the ECM should compensate for any change on its own.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-04-2011, 11:27 AM   #21
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
WTB Dutch Bypass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete
Quote:
Originally Posted by lar
I am looking for a dutch bypass to fit a 1500 Nomad.
http://home.insightbb.com/~kpmh.010/N-Dutch-Bypass.htm

Been there, done that. With the debaffle and DB the sound is not too bad but not as good as the Cobra's I have now but not as loud either.

Pete
Nice piece on the dutch B.P.. I'll be going back to read other stuff about this Nomad. Is this your blog/page Pete???

Oh and when I took a quick look at your photo of your Nomad, I thought you shed was hang'in off your tour pak, just for a second. LOL

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Old 03-04-2011, 09:57 PM   #22

WTB Dutch Bypass

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyboy ... #00722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete

http://home.insightbb.com/~kpmh.010/N-Dutch-Bypass.htm

Been there, done that. With the debaffle and DB the sound is not too bad but not as good as the Cobra's I have now but not as loud either.

Pete
Nice piece on the dutch B.P.. I'll be going back to read other stuff about this Nomad. Is this your blog/page Pete???

Oh and when I took a quick look at your photo of your Nomad, I thought you shed was hang'in off your tour pak, just for a second. LOL
Thanks, Rick. Yeah, that background kinda sucks.... :)

It's not a blog, just somewhere to put some info and pictures on some of the mods I've done on the bike. I started it when I had the Shadow. Guys were doing a lot of mods and posting on their web sites. I also started it to see how to do it since I was new to creating web sites. I use MS Frontpage which makes it really easy. Also, I was tired of paying dealers for work which is really easy to do yourself and hope some find it useful if they want to do it themselves and save some money. Not trying to compete with gurus like Gadget just trying to help others a bit and help me remember what I did...

Pete

Old 03-05-2011, 12:55 AM   #23

WTB Dutch Bypass

Pete I started reading through your site back when I was riding my shadow too....
Your's and one of the other folks on this forum (name eludes me at the moment) were one of the reasons why I ended up making the jump to the Nomad.... since we came from a similar ride and you guys were happy with the nomad it made a good sales pitch to me.

That, and you guys were able to do effectively with the nomad some of the things I did with the shadow (though still seemed a bit small) like the front fairing and trunk.)

Thanks for your site. One of these days I am going to try and get one of my own, to document some of my thoughts on any of the mod's I've done..... and to remember the journey of making her my own!

2004 1500fi - Blue and Grey
Ultra Nomad - In progress

CMC#12065 - Edmonton

Old 03-05-2011, 02:38 AM   #24
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
WTB Dutch Bypass

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdogbrian
Pete I started reading through your site back when I was riding my shadow too....
Your's and one of the other folks on this forum (name eludes me at the moment) were one of the reasons why I ended up making the jump to the Nomad.... since we came from a similar ride and you guys were happy with the nomad it made a good sales pitch to me.

That, and you guys were able to do effectively with the nomad some of the things I did with the shadow (though still seemed a bit small) like the front fairing and trunk.)

Thanks for your site. One of these days I am going to try and get one of my own, to document some of my thoughts on any of the mod's I've done..... and to remember the journey of making her my own!
Hey Brian,....that other member of forum that had his own web page, wasn't "strobe" Cory Strobel was it? I ended up buying the tour pak and fairing off his Nomad when he sold it and went to the ST 1300. Great guy and very knowledgeable about a lot of things.
Just curious.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png