Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Motorcycle Safety/Riding Techniques

Old 04-28-2010, 05:16 PM   #16

Infuriating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Lund
I wonder if society has changed, or if it is just getting reported more by the media?
I believe society has changed. It seems that many have become callous and a large number downright cruel. I'm not that old (49) but I don't remember this country being that way when I was growing up.

I look at my two young grandsons and can't help but wonder what things will be like when their my age.

Dave Jesse
2012 1700 Gray/Black Voyager
2006 1600 Nomad Green/Silver Sold
VBA #1108

2010- Eureka Springs - Antlers - 2011- Maggie Valley - Antlers
2012- Margaritaville Ride - Van Buren - Antlers - 2013- Estes Park - Antlers
2014- Mountain View - Antlers - 2015- Eureka Springs - Antlers
2016- Salem - Antlers - 2017- Eureka Springs - Lake George - Antlers - 2018- Custer - Antlers

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-28-2010, 06:41 PM   #17

Infuriating

Two words...

Firing Squad

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 04-29-2010, 08:21 PM   #18

Send a message via AIM to Idaho
Infuriating

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwilson
Two words...

Firing Squad
The one in Utah is going to get some practice real soon.
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter

Old 04-29-2010, 10:54 PM   #19

Infuriating

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwilson
Two words...

Firing Squad
Sentence him to Life in front of a firing squad.

Old 04-30-2010, 02:42 PM   #20

Infuriating

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnc
In my opinion society has been changing for a number of years, we now live in a ME society at least on the roadways.
Want confirmation? Honk at someone who is changing lanes and cutting you off, and you are just as likely to get a finger for a response instead of them moving back into their lane.
Man, that is the truth. My neighbor and I rode to a QS&L bike night last night and decided to take the scenic route. I was leading, but it had been a while since I had been on this road. We were in the left lane of 2 westbound lanes and had just passed through an intersection. A woman was in the right lane next to me talking on her cell phone. As we travelled down the road, the 2 westbound lanes merged into one and her lane was about to end. But there are many shops and opportunities to stay in that ending lane if you plan to make a right turn into one of those shops.

So, I'm keeping an eye on her and she is just looking straight ahead and talking on the phone oblivious to the fact that I am in plain view and have the right of way. I'm thinking that she had to have seen the sign and is planning to turn into one of the shops.

But she doesn't and slowly merges left as the road narrows. Both my buddy and I lay on our horns and she finally looks over and slows to let us pass. But at the next light, my buddy says she was screaming something through her closed window, like F_You!!!

Unbelievable!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-30-2010, 03:07 PM   #21
Mega-Contributor

Infuriating

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnc
In my opinion society has been changing for a number of years, we now live in a ME society at least on the roadways.
Want confirmation? Honk at someone who is changing lanes and cutting you off, and you are just as likely to get a finger for a response instead of them moving back into their lane.
Man, that is the truth. My neighbor and I rode to a QS&L bike night last night and decided to take the scenic route. I was leading, but it had been a while since I had been on this road. We were in the left lane of 2 westbound lanes and had just passed through an intersection. A woman was in the right lane next to me talking on her cell phone. As we travelled down the road, the 2 westbound lanes merged into one and her lane was about to end. But there are many shops and opportunities to stay in that ending lane if you plan to make a right turn into one of those shops.

So, I'm keeping an eye on her and she is just looking straight ahead and talking on the phone oblivious to the fact that I am in plain view and have the right of way. I'm thinking that she had to have seen the sign and is planning to turn into one of the shops.

But she doesn't and slowly merges left as the road narrows. Both my buddy and I lay on our horns and she finally looks over and slows to let us pass. But at the next light, my buddy says she was screaming something through her closed window, like F_You!!!

Unbelievable!
A couple of years ago, I was riding to lunch on a road with 3 lanes each way. I had made a left turn onto the road, so I was in the left lane. I signaled, did a head check, saw it was clear, and moved to the center lane. A woman in a black Lexus in the right lane didn't look, didn't signal, and started coming over into my lane. I honked, and she got within about 18" of me before she went back to the right lane. I yelled something at her like "Geez, lady watch where you're going!". Then I accelerated to get ahead of traffic so I could get over and make a right turn. This goofy broad started chasing me, like she was trying to run me down. I managed to turn into a parking lot and lose her.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 04-30-2010, 06:20 PM   #22
Top Contributor

Infuriating

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyboy

Unbelievable!
A couple of years ago, I was riding to lunch on a road with 3 lanes each way. I had made a left turn onto the road, so I was in the left lane. I signaled, did a head check, saw it was clear, and moved to the center lane. A woman in a black Lexus in the right lane didn't look, didn't signal, and started coming over into my lane. I honked, and she got within about 18" of me before she went back to the right lane. I yelled something at her like "Geez, lady watch where you're going!". Then I accelerated to get ahead of traffic so I could get over and make a right turn. This goofy broad started chasing me, like she was trying to run me down. I managed to turn into a parking lot and lose her.
I think it was actually your animal magnetism that was making her chase you. She WANTED you.
VBA 213
VROC 16913

Custer 09: Cortez 10: Crescent City 11: Kanab 12: Estes Park 13: Tahoe 14: Red Lodge 16

Old 04-30-2010, 07:00 PM   #23
Mega-Contributor

Infuriating

She was kind of good looking, but I didn't get much of a look at her.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 04-30-2010, 07:33 PM   #24

Infuriating

I wonder if it's the lady that my ex-wife busted her tail lights out with a baseball bat in 1987 after she laughed when she about ran us into a stalled truck?