Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-2008, 07:06 PM   #1
Advanced Member

saw some Nomads today

I was out and about wreaking havoc on the populace of the upper valley region of the Connecticut River (centered on Lebanon, NH and White River Junction, VT) when I spied the tell-tale rounded saddlebag with three horizontal chrome/silver strips below a well chromed side handle. My brain immediately kicked into warp drive and time slowed to a standstill. It was black and electric red Kawasaki Nomad, perhaps one of the new '08's. Alas, the rider never noticed me and went happily on his way. Then a few hours later another one with a couple HD's and again the rider passed right by me and never even noticed a fellow brother of the Vulcan Nomadhood. What gives? Later on I stopped at a dealership and the sales manager was having trouble getting the saddlebag to close and remove the key on the '08 Nomad. Having performed this sleight of hand countless times I showed him how it's done. The couple ogling the bike looked at me as if I were some kind of Nomad guru. In my most wizened, sage voice I told them the Kawasaki Nomad was the best motorcycle I ever owned. Apparently they were not impressed as they soon moved on to look at other models. They must have noticed my suspenders. I knew I should have worn my black leather vest and gotten a doorag. Any way, I walked outside and only three bikes over was another Nomad. The rider had the side covers off and was messing with something. He must have been so engrossed in his project because he never acknowledged me. Crestfallen, I got on my bike and rode on. Is it just me? Am I the only one that can spot a Nomad with only a millisecond of a glimpse of the windshield emblem or a fleeting glance of the side of the saddlebag? Am I the only one that gets excited upon seeing another Nomad on the road while I am out riding? I suppose upon reflection, that not everyone is cut out to be a Nomaddict Chromaholic. It saddens me to think that there are people that consider their Nomad is just a "nice" bike and don't realize they have one of the finest marvels of electro-mechanical engineering. Then again, on the other hand, that means that there are bunches of ignorant people that will only ride 5-8000 miles in in three years and then I can pick and choose from them for my favorite colors for my next Nomad.

Login or Register to Remove Ads