Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 10-16-2015, 09:40 PM   #16

I disconnected the ground on the battery, which had some electrolysis much to my surprise for a 3 month old 2200 mile bike. Turned on the key, reconnected battery, test rode, runs poorly still. Service Manager said they contacted Kawasaki and no updates or info. The bike stock just doesn't have it. And with the Cobras, PCV5, K&N, air valve plugged, O2 deleted, Thunder gasket, it had power and ran great.. except for bad decel popping and ran horrible when weather is Hot. @#%*kin California, and Kawasaki.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-17-2015, 11:17 AM   #17
Advanced Member

Aquacop.....reset the ECU? What is involved in that, disconnecting the negative wire on the battery and putting it back on? Just curious, this is a first I have heard...
Chuckster's tear drop intake, Freedom true dual racing exhaust, Ivan flash, Clearview windscreen, Corbin gunfighter seat, Clockwerk's hugger style front fender, Kawasaki KQR backrest and luggage rack, kuryakyn iso grips and rear passenger boards, front highway pegs, revolutionspeed clutch and primary covers and reservoir and switch box covers and Kuryakyn skeleton rearview mirrors.

Old 10-19-2015, 04:42 PM   #18

Thats the way it's done on the 1800 GW, thought i'd try it on the Voyager.
So far so good.

Old 10-24-2015, 12:20 AM   #19

What exactly is it reseting? Like deleting updates from factory or something?

Old 10-26-2015, 02:21 PM   #20

Had a stumble/miss on my 12 voyager between 1400-1800 rpm. Had a speed healer on it, and diconnected it and stumble went away, can now pull in lower gears from just above idle without a problem.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-26-2015, 04:46 PM   #21

sometimes on cars we had to take both cables OFF and hold them together for a minute or two to drain things completely [reset] to original and clear the memory of something that had been stored that was causing an issue ... just a thought and its free

Old 10-27-2015, 12:40 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCLE WILLIE View Post
sometimes on cars we had to take both cables OFF and hold them together for a minute or two to drain things completely [reset] to original and clear the memory of something that had been stored that was causing an issue ... just a thought and its free
I'd say your free thought is right on the money... I've had to reset the ICU in my car to clear a fault more than once. Removal of the battery cables must be followed by a press of the brake pedal. There are components that will hold a small residual charge, which needs to be cleared for a successful reset.

Nothing screams poor workmanship like wrinkles in the duct tape
'02 1500 blonde Nomad (Sold) '97 800 burgundy Classic (Sold)