Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2017, 09:05 PM   #16

Well my weekend is finally here, so ya ill be up all night reading through this forum. So apparently no one within 50 miles stocks pilot jets that fit this, so next best thing, lets drill out what i have! I have several spares that are too small. Didnt have too many drill bit options so the next biggest pilot i could make was .56mm, or a 56 pilot. Threw that in just now and holy crap what a difference! I think im a little on the rich side now but its way better! No more vibration at idle. There is one spot i might guess between 1800-2200 rpm where its gets pretty shaky but it actually feels like a bike now, and it drives way better too. I think i need to go bigger on my main now (165) as it looses a little pulling power when it gets up there but keeps pulling. Im sure the rest of the vibrations are from me installing the motor mounts wrong cuz no, i didnt take the weigh off them before torwuing them. So the jetting is WAY better but still needs som tweaking. The only weird thing it does now is at idle it sounds like a horse galloping, my rear cylinder misses like every 3rd time or so while idling so it sounds kind of funky. I’ll check my plug wires and coils and see how they ohm out. Im running meanie spark plugs, maybe the classic uses different plugs and thats throwing it out a little.. I do have the entire ignition system from the meanie still.

Sprayed some carb cleaner, dont seem to have any intake leaks �� pretty sure the ignition is fine how i have it set up as ive taken it to the rev limiter a few times now while riding. As long as they keyway is cut at the same angle on both cranks, which it looked like it was then my ignition timing should be fine. I dont have my timing light here but my plugs are all changing color right at the bend on the ground strap which at least tells me the timing is pretty dang close

How would i have my intake charge disrupted? And the fuel will fall out? Isnt it atomized by now?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Tags
1500, classic, engine swap, meanstreak, vulcan