Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 03-11-2008, 11:06 PM   #1

Hyper ? / Adjustment Screw

I have a 2000 Nomad Fi 1500cc! I installed the Hypercharger Model #9405.

The butterflies are making a vibrating noise, and are tight.. any Ideas. The noise is happening at high speeds & also the adjustment screw on the back where are yours set at? My butterflies do not move freely/loose, they have alot of drag to them. When bike is off they open all the way, when bike is running at Idle they barely move.. When I goose it, they move to almost closed....more or less 3/4 closed.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-11-2008, 11:15 PM   #2
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge

more information is needed. Are you talking about the butterflies that are the throttle body openings? adjustment screw on the back? I can't make heads or tails. When bike is off? more info please and spell it out clearly...............

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 03-11-2008, 11:25 PM   #3

Im sorry, the Butterflies on the hypercharger, not in the throttle body. Only makes the rattle noise when Im riding it, If I put my finger on the top butterflie while riding it stops! Also whanting to know about the adjustment screw, maybe mine is set wrong, mine is about half way in. The butterflies do not move freely, they are not loose at Idle, they barely move...Most movement I see is when I turn the bike off, then they open.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:47 PM   #4

The butterflies on the hypercharger use a spring to keep them open and high manifold vacuum to close them. When the bike is not running the butterflies are wide open because of the spring tension and no vacuum. When the bike is running and idling the butterflies are just cracked open and probably fluttering, due to manifold vacuum pulling on the diaphram. At wide open throttle the butterflies are again wide open due to the lack of manifold vacuum. When you blip the throttle they should open up. You need to be using manifold vacuum (after the throttle body) to make them work properly. I believe the screw you are talking about sets the closed position of the butterflies. I think there is a lock nut at the base of the screw, and I also think that the screw is locktighted into position by the factory. If you force it it will break. HTH