Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 03-25-2011, 08:04 PM   #16

help wanted hyper charger exp. an asset

ok so what i have is a kury h c off of a carbed 02 1500. First can i make this work , and how do i go about getting the adapter and install directions. This one mounted with a boot and a hanger bracket that bolted directly to the cylenders. Oh please tell me im not up a 1 way creek here. Id love to use it.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-25-2011, 08:36 PM   #17
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat
ok so what i have is a kury h c off of a carbed 02 1500. First can i make this work , and how do i go about getting the adapter and install directions. This one mounted with a boot and a hanger bracket that bolted directly to the cylenders. Oh please tell me im not up a 1 way creek here. Id love to use it.
Well if it's a HC Pro then they should be the same except for the adapter. Can you post a picture. How they mount is with there own aluminum adapter plate that attaches to the throttle body and then a bracket(s) to the cylinders to mount this and then the unit bolts to this adapter plate. The HC Pro then had a vacuum line to the intake to provide vacuum to open/close the butterflies. In the case of your bike it would require a Fuel management computer ( Cobra, TFI, PCIII etc) to richen the mixture if you have this intake and pipes.

If you have a picture it can help to see what you have. Did you download the instructions from the website and check the parts list against what was provided? You maybe able to use the HC with a Thunder adapter plate if it didn't come with one that will work, but there more $. Let me see if I have a picture of mine that I got and tell me if it looks the same.

If it looks like this then I'd say your good to go.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:23 PM   #18

cant remember how to post multiple pics

Old 03-26-2011, 09:15 AM   #19
Advanced Member

Quote:
cant remember how to post multiple pics
So that is the basic HC not the Pro model. Do you have a picture of the backside? Does it look similar (the adapter plate is visible on the back of the pic i posted)?
If you use Photobucket account you can save your pics there and use the IMG code from there to post multiple pictures as I did.
So this looks like the 9404 if it's for the Vulcan's otherwise it looks like an HD one adapted? It's the adapter plate now. If it's a stock HD style one then the Thunder adapter plate could bolt up to it and to your intake, or you could buy one of Chusters single plate adapter and it should work as well. Again depends on what the rear looks like or has with it?

Scott

Old 03-27-2011, 08:05 AM   #20

now i know its for a carb i need to know if i could get an adapter plate and how much. I believe it is a kury 9400 the 9405 is for the fi. looks like 3 adapter mounting bolts. If an adapter is too much to make this work then i I'm just going to sell this one.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-27-2011, 08:08 PM   #21
Advanced Member

Quote:
now i know its for a carb i need to know if i could get an adapter plate and how much. I believe it is a kury 9400 the 9405 is for the fi. looks like 3 adapter mounting bolts. If an adapter is too much to make this work then i I'm just going to sell this one.
I don't think that you can adapt that one for use on the FI bikes. You would have to make an adapter plate to mount where that black part is for one. If someone else has adapted that particular model to a Nomad Fi with an adapter they may chime in, but it maybe more work then it's worth. You could get one of chucksters adapter plates and then just a simple intake such as the Spectro from Gadget's website. That would be an inexpensive way to go and give you the increased flow of an open intake on the right side.
http://www.gadgetjq.com/coyotekitmod...structions.htm
and
http://www.gadgetjq.com/caddmankit.htm
And go here:
http://www.chucksterscustoms.com/Products
for the adapter plate.

I would have gone this way if I didn't have one locally that had one of these for sale. I may opt later to do the same thing, but for the price I can't loose trying it

I removed my reed valves and all hoses and getting ready to put in the block off plates, and got rid of the intake tube yesterday. What a PITA that was!!!! Also getting my AUX fuse blocks in. Hope to have mine all done soon and ready for riding season.

Scott

Old 03-28-2011, 12:18 AM   #22

The Thunder or SPC adapter will work with the HC shown in the photo.

http://www.mobbley.com/page/179224203

http://www.thundermfg.com/store/inde...ct_detail&p=40
VBA Member #1356
jandreu@hawaiiantel.net

Old 03-28-2011, 07:21 AM   #23
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James "Bubba" Andreu
The Thunder or SPC adapter will work with the HC shown in the photo.

http://www.mobbley.com/page/179224203

http://www.thundermfg.com/store/inde...ct_detail&p=40
OK I stand corrected. Still the first option to me is a bit pricey since he can do the OTHER way for about 75 all total (Chuckster's intake adapter + K&N filter and air breather cover. Or dual plate and use the DOG bowls with K&N.

The only reason I am going with the HC Pro is found a GREAT price and all total won't have more then that into it so for me no savings going the EL Cheap O route as no savings and I get more BLING and it just looks cool. But if I was doing this route and having to pay full pop for one, personally I'd go the Chuckster and Cadd mod intake route.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:18 PM   #24

these intake mods wer the first thought but as you know the hc looks fine on the side. when i seen it on this parts bike i let my excitement cloud my common sense and didn't even look at anything else. ::) So the exhaust is sold and may still be hope for the hc.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:45 PM   #25
Advanced Member

Quote:
these intake mods wer the first thought but as you know the hc looks fine on the side. when i seen it on this parts bike i let my excitement cloud my common sense and didn't even look at anything else. ::) So the exhaust is sold and may still be hope for the hc.
Wait? you sold the V&H pipes? were they for an FI? if so MAN!!! I didn't know or would have inquired as to a $ you wanted for them.
I hope that you can get something for yours and if I can offer any help just ask.

Scott

Old 03-28-2011, 09:00 PM   #26

Yup sold the v&h straight shots off a carbed 02 1500 classic! had them on my nad without the bags .... a shame they sounded so nice. 300.00 cdn on the table. i havent recieved any cash yet! ;)

Old 04-03-2011, 10:12 AM   #27

If you have to sell the HC let me know, I would like to buy from you if at a good price, thanks...