Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 03-03-2018, 04:44 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbarr10 View Post
There you go, You have the bug.
If it was back firing and herkey jerky on the throttle then it was not Ivanized.
Kinda like a Lazyboy recliner on wheels, Yet runs better than the one that Guy in Duluth, Minnesota Had confiscated from the police and sold at auction for his DWI. It was on a Lawnmower frame.
mbarr - I didn't notice backfiring or popping on deceleration, but definitely herky jerky throttle. For instance, when I took a turn at 15 mph in 2nd and hit the throttle it sort of hiccuped before responding. Also a noticeable woosh of acceleration around 3k rpm, which was fun but seemed to suggest the less linear throttle response of non-Ivanized bikes. But yeah, overall probably rides better than Lazyboy Man's rig - although he supposedly is going to build a bigger and better one out of revenge.

Does your's have the gas gauge issue I mentioned this one had?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-04-2018, 10:21 AM   #17
Advanced Member

When I bought mine, it ran really rough. I used that in the pricing. Brakes were making a bad noise too. I knew that was just a pad issue, but still mentioned it. Dealer liked the idea of getting rid of it cheaper and letting me take the chance on repairs.

I got really lucky. Turned out it had a PCV on it and it was way out of whack.
PCV (removed)
Ivan's ECU flash

Old 03-04-2018, 03:22 PM   #18

The one I tried also ran pretty warm, which I understand is another characteristic of a non-Ivanized bike. The gauge was 3/5 - 2/3 of the way to the right the whole ride, but it was only about 68 degrees and I only stopped at maybe 4 lights for a total of about 2 minutes. The rest of the time I rode at moderate to highway speeds.

One thing I really loved was how easy the bike shifted. Nice clunk from 1st to 2nd, but still easy, as were all the shifts up and down. Clutch pull was feathery light too.

Old 03-05-2018, 04:07 AM   #19

@ Toku57 :

Yes they run pretty warm, better when ivanized (but not legal here in germany, as they do emission test on bikes, too - every two years). And also yes, they the gas gauge is like that. First is goes down really slow, but in the end it drops in a heartbeat, but nothing to worry about. I never run out of fuel, even if the range indicator droped to zero. Tank is 20 liters and the max I refilled was 18 liters, so still ~ 1/2 gallon left.

Cu,
Sven

MY LIFE - MY RULES !

2018 Indian Roadmaster

Old 03-05-2018, 10:44 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demolition Man View Post
@ Toku57 :

Yes they run pretty warm, better when ivanized (but not legal here in germany, as they do emission test on bikes, too - every two years). And also yes, they the gas gauge is like that. First is goes down really slow, but in the end it drops in a heartbeat, but nothing to worry about. I never run out of fuel, even if the range indicator droped to zero. Tank is 20 liters and the max I refilled was 18 liters, so still ~ 1/2 gallon left.

Cu,
Sven
Good to know - thanks Sven. Seems like all bikes have some idiosyncrasies, and this forum has been a great place to learn about the Voyager's.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-06-2018, 01:49 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toku57 View Post
Good to know - thanks Sven. Seems like all bikes have some idiosyncrasies, and this forum has been a great place to learn about the Voyager's.

Cu,
Sven

MY LIFE - MY RULES !

2018 Indian Roadmaster

Old 03-06-2018, 07:41 AM   #22

It makes me smile when I feel the bike is running warm and look down at the temp gauge.
Because I never had one before, so what am I comparing it to? My last bike may have run just as warm but how would I have known? So when you think the gauge looks like the bike is running warm, compare it to...??? The fact you never knew before and now your staring at a needle that is moving inside a sealed compartment with lines on it. Yet the red light for over heating never comes on. So is it really running hot/ warm??

2016 1700 Vaquero 10/4/2016
2007 1500 Classic W/ Reckless Fairing, 42,000 miles
2004 600 Honda Shadow 18,000 miles
1989 500 Honda CX Custom 55,000 miles
1973 400 Kawi Triple 5,000 miles