Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Rallies & Rides > Archived > SouthWest Regional Rally - 2010

Old 06-12-2010, 09:13 AM   #1
Top Contributor

I'm Here!!

Well, I made it into Cortez Thursday. I am staying at the Budget Host. The motel is nice and clean. I will take some photo's today and try and post them.
VBA 213
VROC 16913

Custer 09: Cortez 10: Crescent City 11: Kanab 12: Estes Park 13: Tahoe 14: Red Lodge 16

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-12-2010, 01:47 PM   #2
Mega-Contributor

I'm Here!!

I just finished changing my oil and filter and cleaned my throttle body. The bike is shined up and ready to go.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 06-12-2010, 04:22 PM   #3

I'm Here!!

Just about packed, bike checked out. Some nasty weather around, will be a little damp and cool getting out tomorrow morning. Will get close to the snow line crossing the Rockies but Wolf Creek should be okay.

Old 06-12-2010, 11:27 PM   #4

I'm Here!!

I rode in to Cortez today. Left the Springs at 7:30 and it was only 38 degrees. Made it to Woodland Park before I had to gear up, and then rode practically under water from there to Saquache. There was even wet snow over Wilkerson Pass. Once I hit Del Norte, the sun was out and it was warm, and then got into some rain over Wolf Creek Pass, but not too bad. All in all, within a seven hour ride, I rode in the rain for five hours. But it should be nicer Monday through Wednesday. Be safe guys, and I'll see you tomorrow!

Audiogooroo - Daryl Porter
Colorado Springs, CO
VBA #248
VROC #17261
1999 Grn/Grn Nomad

Old 06-13-2010, 06:29 AM   #5

I'm Here!!

Light rain here at the start. Temps in the forties and bound to drop as we go up, will start out geared-up with some reserve. Looks like the main storm is past us and and we will be riding towards warmer and drier air later in the day. Glad to hear that Daryl made it relatively unscathed (Daryl, you did bring the warmer gloves, right?). I hope Chris is doing well since the little parking lot incident. Time to fortify and hit the road.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-13-2010, 09:09 AM   #6

I'm Here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ells
Light rain here at the start. Temps in the forties and bound to drop as we go up, will start out geared-up with some reserve. Looks like the main storm is past us and and we will be riding towards warmer and drier air later in the day. Glad to hear that Daryl made it relatively unscathed (Daryl, you did bring the warmer gloves, right?). I hope Chris is doing well since the little parking lot incident. Time to fortify and hit the road.
I brought all the good gear (as you know, living in Colorado, we have to be prepared for every weather possibility no matter what the time of year) and believe me, my saddle bags were empty after I geared up yesterday!
Weather is looking to be pretty nice here from now on, once you get past the early morning temps.

Audiogooroo - Daryl Porter
Colorado Springs, CO
VBA #248
VROC #17261
1999 Grn/Grn Nomad

Old 06-13-2010, 11:30 AM   #7
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
I'm Here!!

You guys all stay safe! I just got back from the Grand Canyon with the Miss's and had a great time. Post lots of pics for BD !!!!

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 06-13-2010, 12:52 PM   #8

I'm Here!!

I was just looking at the Cortez forecast for the week on Weather Underground. Looks great all week with lows in the upper 40's and highs in the low to mid 80's. Clear to partly cloudy all week. Couldn't ask for better. Y'all ride safe and have a great time.

2016 Electra Glide Ultra Limited CVO
Palladium Silver / Phantom Blue
110 cu in SE

2012 Electra Glide Ultra Limited (Traded 6/22/16)
Tequila Sunrise / HD Orange
Vance & Hines true dual headers
Rinehart 4" slip ons
Screamin Eagle Super Tuner
Screamin Eagle Stage 1 intake
Dyno tuned
H.O.G.# 4514015

2007 Nomad 1600 (Traded 6/23/12)
VBA #482