Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > NorthWest Group

Old 01-06-2009, 04:01 PM   #16

road runner magazine

I haven't heard any arguments against. So, I vote for Kalispell.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-07-2009, 12:15 PM   #17

road runner magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netnorske
Quote:
Originally Posted by schoeney
Kalispell sounds good to me too. Lets include it on the poll when we do it.
Include it? Heck....it will be at the top of the list... ! Besides, we haven't heard any real arguments for somewhere else yet have we (which we are certainly open to)?

We haven't? Well then let me jump in and suggest Everett, Washington. We could stay at Kris's place and he could cook and clean up after us.

The arguments for this location are;

Our rides would be around his block several times while gunning our throttles so we could get to meet his neighbors.

It would be cheap for everyone, including Kris as he wouldn't have to ride far, save on gas, and no one would have to pay for a motel. Plus most of us wouldn't have to lift a hand to help.

Kris could do some fishing ahead of time (we know he loves to fish) for our meals so that would be a win/win (cheaper and fun). If they aren't biting he could round up a shovel to scrape up some local roadkill (we know he loves to hunt).

We would also have plenty to do...we could ride a few blocks to 1-5 and play the alphabet game or just count VW bugs! Or we could ride to the local ball field to watch Kris umpire a game and practice his TV umpiring moves...I can see us in the stands holding up our rating signs 8.5, 9.5, 7.0,etc

I think these are pretty convincing arguments and now bump Kalispell down to #2!

VBA #659
2003 Nomad 1500 (Gone but never forgotten)
2005 Honda ST1300 - Sweet and still kickin
2006 Honda Goldwing - Best Boat in the Marina

Old 01-07-2009, 08:46 PM   #18
Top Contributor

road runner magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoeney
Our rides would be around his block several times while gunning our throttles so we could get to meet his neighbors.
Well...I live in what I would term a multi-cultural neighborhood...but there ARE a couple guys who would fire up their rides to join us (that is if you're all cool with a couple HD guys hornin' in....)

Quote:
It would be cheap for everyone, including Kris as he wouldn't have to ride far, save on gas, and no one would have to pay for a motel. Plus most of us wouldn't have to lift a hand to help.
As far as lifting a hand to help....my wife tells me all the time how I don't do that...so you will definitely fit in there Accomodations might be trickier...but I do have an extra room, a couple sofas, 6 nice bar stools and a big wet bar everyone could snuggle up to ;) Uhhhh....forget I said that.

Quote:
Kris could do some fishing ahead of time (we know he loves to fish) for our meals so that would be a win/win (cheaper and fun). If they aren't biting he could round up a shovel to scrape up some local roadkill (we know he loves to hunt).
I guess I shouldn't tell anyone what a fabulous cook my wife is! That woman could cook every night of the week for two solid months and never cook the same thing twice... ! On second thought....forget I said that too....

Quote:
We would also have plenty to do...we could ride a few blocks to 1-5 and play the alphabet game or just count VW bugs! Or we could ride to the local ball field to watch Kris umpire a game and practice his TV umpiring moves...I can see us in the stands holding up our rating signs 8.5, 9.5, 7.0,etc
Heck...I would LUV numbers like that.... . All I ever get from the parents are 2.5 to 3.5. Funny thing is....none of them ever want to help out when I offer them an extra blue shirt...

Quote:
I think these are pretty convincing arguments and now bump Kalispell down to #2!
Arguments maybe....convincing....hhhhmmm....maybe not so much. I will of course as NW Region Leader take it under advisement, but my guess is the real boss (and we all know who that is) would use her secret veto power. You know the one...where the seas don't part... ;)...and I hate when that tool comes out of the shed.... :-[
VBA #0691
2017 HD Ultra Limited Low
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional"

Custer 2009|Kalispell 2010|Cortez 2010|Crescent City 2011|Kanab 2012|Canmore 2012|Estes Park 2013|Orofino 2014|Lake Tahoe 2015|Red Lodge 2016

Old 01-08-2009, 01:53 AM   #19

road runner magazine

Darn...shot down again by more convincing argument...I guess that is why I am the assistant and you are the boss.....I know, I know....wax on-wax off Grasshopper!
VBA #659
2003 Nomad 1500 (Gone but never forgotten)
2005 Honda ST1300 - Sweet and still kickin
2006 Honda Goldwing - Best Boat in the Marina

Old 01-08-2009, 02:14 PM   #20

road runner magazine

since i lived in missoula back in the 80's and have ridden thru
the kallispell area on my ride to hyder,alaska a few years ago
i can certainly attest to the beauty of the area.it has my vote.
VBA # 745 COG #11621
wheatland,wy.
rallies-custer 09,kalispell 10,crescent city 11,kanab 12,estes park 13,orifino 14.,red lodge 16

2015 ninja 1000 abs
2014 concourse 14
2012 concourse 14-sold
2011 vaquero-sold
2008 nomad-sold
2005 classic-sold

Login or Register to Remove Ads