Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Images & Video

Old 08-19-2014, 09:19 PM   #16
Top Contributor

A friend of mine has a 1977 Triumph Silver Jubilee in Cambridge ON.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-20-2014, 04:20 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjay View Post
He bought the Raleigh Runabout when he was in his fifties with winnings from the bookies.
He never had a car, he could not afford one.
I was really lucky growing up when & where i did, after the war nobody could afford to run a car, so most of the men rode motorbikes to work, then in the 1960's thing's began to improve financially and they bought car's and they could'nt give the bike's away, so they got parked up in shed's all over the country, my old man had just started a mobile grocery round,so he was in a prime position to hear about all these old bike;s stashed away. Me and my brother had to work the round with him at weekend's for pocket money, 2s & 6p (20 cents)a week,and we got to see all these great bike's and sit on them for a minute or two. One day the old man said, mrs Blake say's you can buy her husbands old motorbike for 10s (85 cents), me and my brother pooled our pocket money and became, at the age of 7 me & 8 him, the proud owner's of a Royal Enfield flying flea, a 125cc 2 stroke, the first of many classic's that we would buy for a couple of week's pocket money. The second part of my good fortune was that the old man had moved us from London, down to the country, and outside our front gate was the the whole of the New Forest to explore.We would fill the tank with 2 gallons for 2s & 6p(23 cents) mum would pack us a lunch and we'd be gone all day,brilliant, kids today dont know what fun it is to get into and out of scrape's on your own ingenuity.

Last edited by mick56; 04-17-2016 at 10:37 AM.

Old 08-20-2014, 04:37 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjay View Post
You probably did yourself a favour by not finding one.
I had an ex military Matchless 3C, a single pot 350cc side valve, sluggish is a generous description, but it took a hell of a beating in the forest and would run all day at 50mph sweet as a nut

Old 08-20-2014, 07:36 AM   #19
Sr. Contributor

Thanks for posting the photos, loved it!
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]

Old 08-20-2014, 05:55 PM   #20
Top Contributor

"kids today dont know what fun it is to get into and out of scrape's on your own ingenuity".

Kids today dont know what to do when the power goes out. No Xbox, no laptops, no computers. Its like the world has ended.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-21-2014, 11:55 AM   #21
Top Contributor

Beautiful bikes!

Old 09-05-2014, 10:59 AM   #22

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
Mick, it goes without saying, you impress me buddy! Great post!

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 09-05-2014, 12:52 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhead View Post
Mick, it goes without saying, you impress me buddy! Great post!
Thank you kindly sir, mean's a lot coming from an old swamp dog I got a place in a show the weekend after next, at the Hayne's manual museum, about 60 mile's from me. Its the biggest motor museum in England. They got a weekend devoted to the Japanese Vintage Motorcycle Club, (VJMC) and they have a section just for the custom style bikes that the slant eyed bastard's made to try and copy you Yank's tractor's. I got me a place for my bike right inside the door.i will sent you some pictures of some of the old Jap bike's and my shennagigin's

Old 09-05-2014, 02:59 PM   #24

..Mick...make them assign a scantly clad ..Asian, tattooed cutie, to enhance your "display" !

Old 09-05-2014, 07:33 PM   #25

[QUOTE=Silent Sam;594979]..Mick...make them assign a scantly clad ..Asian, tattooed cutie, to enhance your "display" !

This will be a bunch of stiff upper lip toff's who would'nt know a bit off pusssy if i showed them one, which, amongst other thing's, i intend to, hold on to your hat nipper, i shant be invited back next year

Old 09-05-2014, 09:25 PM   #26

..Ah Yes...the Blue Blood Purity, judging the Art of the Machine..while having no knowledge of the emotional surge of satisfaction that having bugs embedded in you teeth, and a sweetie on back, with arms around your waist..will always result in !

..opps.. I got carried away there for a minute...

Old 09-06-2014, 12:01 AM   #27

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick56 View Post
Thank you kindly sir, mean's a lot coming from an old swamp dog I got a place in a show the weekend after next, at the Hayne's manual museum, about 60 mile's from me. Its the biggest motor museum in England. They got a weekend devoted to the Japanese Vintage Motorcycle Club, (VJMC) and they have a section just for the custom style bikes that the slant eyed bastard's made to try and copy you Yank's tractor's. I got me a place for my bike right inside the door.i will sent you some pictures of some of the old Jap bike's and my shennagigin's
Maybe some day we'll hook up and go swamp dawgin', and chase swamp dawg bitches all night long. Fear not, do not quiver, I shall teach you fare-thee-well !

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Last edited by Kawhead; 09-06-2014 at 12:07 AM.

Old 09-13-2014, 04:14 PM   #28

Well Gentlemen, the weekend started out good, i set of friday morning and set my sat/nav for the shortest route, well f--k me dead, it took me up track's not much wider than my bike, little seen places where a village was one or two cottages,small hamlet's of half a dozen, and miles of beutifull somerset countryside,it was like a forgotten world,and i could'nt stop and take picture's because there was nowhere to stop! I realised then that i need to get a headcam, because everything i saw, i could relay to other's not lucky enough to have been there.I came across a farmer who heard me coming and liked the sound of the bike, he stood in the track and stopped me to talk about it,we had the crack and he invited me,( in exchange for giving him a ride to the local village pub,to wave at his mate's,) to stay the night in his barn and drink as much of his home brewed cider as i could managei thought. Not this morning it was'nt,i was chucking up and shitting simultaneously, doing somersault's on the shitter is an art form that i am still working on So when i arrived at the bike show i was'nt feeling too good,and the wind was blowing,so and i asked for some help putting up my tent, the attitute of everyone of the regular member,s of this wanker's club was f--king breathtakingly obnoxious, smug c--t;s dont get a look in, these ( Biker's) were too busy polishing to lend a hand, so i said my piece and left.Here are a couple of the picture's that i did manage to get. I found a working Victorian railway station on the way home

Old 09-13-2014, 04:24 PM   #29

some more

Apologise for not not turning up with the good's.