Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2017, 12:32 AM   #2
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler3 View Post
Just bought a new 2016 Vaquero. I got the sissy bar and adapter, fairing lights and passenger floor boards. Not sure of what height windshield i should get, the stock one is way too low. I like to look just over the shield. What height would that be for a guy that is 5' 11"? Are the bridge stone tires any good? I just sold my Nomad 1600 because i wanted ABS.
How is the ABS on the Vaquero? THANKS, RAMBLER
First off take a look at the saddle on your new skoot. If you plan on upgrading the saddle do it first as the new saddle will influence how high you sit. Then measure the height your eye level is for your new wind screen by looking at a spot 50 feet in front of your skoot on the road. That should get you close to what you want.

You indicated you bought passenger floorboards. Take your thumb and start probing or pushing down on the saddle where your passenger will sit. On mine there were two bolts right under the saddle cover. Your passenger is going to have these pushing in their butt or legs.

The Bridgestones are so so.

I can't answer for the ABS. My 2011 doesn't have it.

Hope this helps.

You make a living by what you get,
You make a life by what you give.

The measure of a man can be summed up by
how he treats people who are the least significant to him.