Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2023, 08:31 PM   #1

2019 1700 Vaquero shutting off

Hello,

I looked on the forum for recent threads regarding this subject, but could not find anything on recent models for my issue.

Basically 3 things ;

1. And the most important, the bikes dies off randomly in any circumstances. It can happen oncee in a week to up to 2 times in same afternoon. No specific situations, mostly cruising at same speed either or on off cruise control, all weather or temp conditions. It started doing so at 7000 miles and it has 12000 now and it is getting frustrating / put me in dangerous situations as I have to turn the key back to off and do same with kill switch before turning the bike back on. My dealer doesn't want to check the bike out as he says they will never figure the cause out. Any suggestions?
Yes battery all good, basic steps have been done since the time from my part to try to find out the cause.

2. I can't start the bike from any gear, prior it seems that I was able to start the bike from 1st-OD as long as the clutch was in (obviously) and the stand was up. Now I can't and it's creating issue with #1 as everytime the bike shuts off I have to pull on the side of the road, turn off the bike then back on and then put it in N prior to starting it back up.

3. Lastly I can't shift in any gear from standing still beside N and 1st. It wont go in 2nd at all and also sometimes I have to "gently force" the 1st gear when activating the clutch to get it to go it.

Thanks for your advice

Login or Register to Remove Ads