Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 08-07-2019, 07:18 PM   #1

Turn signal question

I have a 2010 1700 nomad and noticed my turns & flashers are not working, then noticed my rear was out too, found the front bulb was bad but still not flashing. At first the flasher relay was working then it stopped but the turn button fills kind of funky. So I tried the emergency flasher to see if the would work but nothing there either. I believe it is in the relay but any help would be appreciated.

thanks in advance

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by houndawg; 08-07-2019 at 07:22 PM.

Old 08-08-2019, 12:47 PM   #2

I had a similar problem only the turn signals wouldn't work all the time. From advice from some of the members I sprayed contact cleaner in the slots around the funky turn signal button. Spray it quite liberally and move the button back and forth. It might help.

Old 08-10-2019, 06:14 AM   #3

HoundDawg,
What BallBreaker stated is good advise, especially for routine maint. The switches get dirty and need love.
However, if the four-way isn't kicking them off either... Doe you hear the relay click-clacking, even though no lights are flashing? If NO, then I'd check the connection/replace the flasher relay. Captain OBVIOUS also might ask to check the FUSEs and each BULB.
You indicated in the other post, you just picked this bike up. Was she CLEAN, or did the previous owner not give her love in the recent past? Dirty corroded contacts is where I'd start.

Hope that helps, ride safe,
Smokier
2012 Victory Crossroads in Sunset Red "Ruby"

Previous Vulcans: '15 Vaquero, '12 Vaquero, '10 1700 Nomad, '04 1500 Classic, '01 1500 Classic, '88 Vulcan 750
VROC # 10967 | VBA # 3115