Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Australian Group

Old 10-14-2008, 08:23 PM   #1

Roll Call

Ok Boy's we have our own Kawanow group let's here from a few of us and where we are from and what we get up to.

I am from Altona Meadows in the west of Melbourne I ride a 2006 Nomad my wife rides a 2008 1600 classic I am involved in the transport industry and at presant I am the President of our local chapter of the Ulysses club I have 165 member's.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-17-2008, 05:26 PM   #2

Roll Call

Hi Finky..

I can maybe call myself a member of this forum in spirit.. I'm from Sydney, lived 2004-2006 in Melbourne (Hampton) then moved to Anaheim California in October 2006.. expect to be here for a few years yet, but plan to bring my 'nad home with me, so will see you then !

Cheers,
Brian

Old 10-19-2008, 03:36 PM   #3

Roll Call

Hi Brian as long as your still an Ozzie at heart mate then your welcome just wish a few more Ozzies would stand up and say Gday

Old 10-26-2008, 05:54 AM   #4
Advanced Member

Roll Call

h there guys, im a newbie to the site (1st post) and hail from echuca/moama on the vic nsw border. i have just purchased a 98 nomad in 2 tone green and i absolutely love it. the only issue i have is the very small fuel tank capacity, as it means i have to pull up for fuel often (which i dont really mind) but when i stop i always get caught up with people wanting to know about the bike.

Old 10-26-2008, 06:57 AM   #5
Advanced Member

Roll Call

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcow
h there guys, im a newbie to the site (1st post) and hail from echuca/moama on the vic nsw border. i have just purchased a 98 nomad in 2 tone green and i absolutely love it. the only issue i have is the very small fuel tank capacity, as it means i have to pull up for fuel often (which i dont really mind) but when i stop i always get caught up with people wanting to know about the bike.
Welcome from Canada
Your gonna have to post pictures of your ride for all of us to enjoy. Well, you don't HAVE to but we really do like seeing the Nomad with different backgrounds.

I just got my Nomad last month and love it too. If you think that the tank is small, check out the tank on my Suzuki in my sig line, it holds 13 liters.

Take care.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-26-2008, 11:30 PM   #6

Roll Call

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcow
Welcome madcow great to have you on the forum

Old 10-26-2008, 11:32 PM   #7

Roll Call

Yep we are doing a run this weekend comming to a town called Mildura for 4 days so when I get back I will get some pics up now that I have worked out how to do it.

Old 10-27-2008, 06:14 AM   #8
Advanced Member

Roll Call

thanks guys, i will take some pics as soon as i can. if i have enough time to look at it im usually riding it though, its killing me i didnt get time to ride it today, i thing im having withdralls.

Old 10-27-2008, 04:07 PM   #9

Roll Call

Know where your coming from mate,my wife and I are hanging out for the long weekend over the Melbourne cup we are of to Mildura she rides a 2008 1600 classic and it will be the bikes 1st long ride just hope the weather holds up and the rain goes away.

See if you can post some pics of your bike madcow if your having problems send the pics through to Trip and he can put them on as your avatar.

Old 10-28-2008, 04:55 AM   #10
Advanced Member

Roll Call

sounds good i might have to send the pics to trip as i have very little idea when it comes to computers. gee it wll be a long run up to mildura, a lot of stretches of nothinness to bide the time.

Old 10-28-2008, 05:20 PM   #11

Roll Call

Not as far as Townsville we rode up there in March this year took 5 days we went up through the centre and back via the coast road all up we were away for 3 weeks altogether.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:21 PM   #12

Roll Call

Hi all
Five day's on the road and back home again had a great time and road some good roads the wife's new 1600 never missed a beat except for a small fall in a garage drain knocked her
confidence a bit but by the time we headed for home she was hunting me down on the open road cruising along at 140Ks she loves the bigger bike and for me it's good to see her in my mirror staying right up with the bigger bikes.I will put up some photo's soon for yopu all to have a look at.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:00 AM   #13
Advanced Member

Roll Call

cant wait to see the photos finky, good to see the trip went well.

Old 11-05-2008, 03:24 PM   #14

Roll Call

http://picasaweb.google.com.au/bluen...1108#slideshow

Try the link to the photo's of our trip to and around Mildura.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:32 AM   #15

Send a message via Skype™ to aj
Roll Call

G'day All, havnt been on the boards here for a while, been at the AKRF, mainly due to it being Ozzy. Great to see the "Great Southern Land" getting a look in. Still recon the KawaNOW site is the best for everything Nomad.