Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 12-18-2017, 10:06 PM   #1

Question Viking premium leather wrapped hard trunk

Has anyone purchased the Viking Bags premium leather wrapped hard trunk/ tour pack and if so how did you like it? They look pretty well made but am looking to hear from any riders that have them. Thanks for any and all opinions

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-20-2018, 11:24 PM   #2

I have the Viking Lamellar X-Lg bags and jumbo trunk on my Honda VTX. They are nicely made of fiberglass and the leather exterior is holding up fine. They are also leather lined inside. Not crazy about the latch mechanism. It takes the key to open and close the bags and trunk.

Old 02-22-2018, 11:04 AM   #3

Hey Abby Thanks for the reply about the quality. How long have you had them on your ride and if the key is the only negative I am pretty sure I can live with it as my saddlebags are the same for opening and closing.

Old 02-22-2018, 07:01 PM   #4

I installed them in November, 2016. For clean and shine I use Meguiar's Gold Class rich Leather wipes. (from Walmart). Matazu also sells hard bags and trunks. (search ebay) A lot of guys really like the Tsukayu luggage as well BUT both brands are constructed of ABS plastic. I'm satisfied with the Viking product and they are holding up well. They are made in Pakistan...interesting. Good Luck with your purchase!

Old 02-22-2018, 07:42 PM   #5

Thanks for all the information. It will make my purchase easier.

Login or Register to Remove Ads