Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 02-23-2018, 10:54 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peg View Post
Hahahaha...

Hopefully that quiets down this blatantly obvious insurrection from Ray & Erik to take over the VBA and convert us all over to that Polaris brand?
heeheehee...but let me tell u'all there are MANY aspects of my Vaq I miss, and where Indian not only fell short but just missed the boat on things.

It is SO much harder for these old pre-historic 2 valve air cooled engines to get them to meet EPA regs, I wanted to put pedals on my Indian it was so damn lean. The Kawi 1700 has the serious advantage in technology (NOT in the tranny, it sucks compared to the Indian) but in the engine: 4 valves, liquid cooling, a great combustion chamber design, stout clutch, etc.

Thankfully, I am a motorcyclist and a professional m/c technician, I look at skoots from 2 different perspectives. Kinda allows me to be more open minded and less stubborn in the "my bike is better than yours" attitudes that exist out there.

RACNRAY

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-24-2018, 02:37 AM   #32

I'm just very pleased to see that you've lost none of that - "must find out whether your bike can go faster, & use less gas" frame of mind that you were famous for around here when you had your Vaq, Ray.

And I'm sure you've gathered a faithful following on the forums dedicated to your Indian.

Ride on long, friend.

Nothing screams poor workmanship like wrinkles in the duct tape
'02 1500 blonde Nomad (Sold) '97 800 burgundy Classic (Sold)

Old 02-25-2018, 08:46 AM   #33

Should be able to get a good deal on one, I here they're having a fire sale!

http://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Truc...474861643.html

Old 02-25-2018, 10:30 AM   #34

Even fire sale ones out of my price range...

Old 02-25-2018, 01:24 PM   #35
Advanced Member

I work with a guy who has quite a bit of Indian (he says I can say that) heritage.

He looked at the picture, looked at me and said (in a fake Indian voice) "Iron horses now hottest ones on market".
PCV (removed)
Ivan's ECU flash

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-26-2018, 11:02 AM   #36

For what it is, the Vaquero is about the best deal on the market, I really enjoy mine. The Indians are nice, but you'll pay for them for sure. I ended up opting for a stripped down Dark Horse that was * only * $17 grand (hah still nearly 4k more than I paid for the new Vaquero), and then built it up for touring, spending about 4k in the process.

I didn't pay anywhere near MSRP for the Indian however. I had bought a used Victory Cross Country Tour from my preferred dealership and it ended up having all sorts of issues, and many aspects of the deal and service experience were bad. I had long since earned "VIP" status there, meaning each time I'd go in, people working there knew my name that I had never talked talked to before (means I spent WAAAAY too much $ there). So I ended up going to the General Manager whom I had befriended over the years, and he "made it right". Took the Victory back for what I paid, comped the $700 in service I had done, and sold me a new Dark Horse for $15k with no fees. I got the $1200 accessory promotion they were having too...