Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 05-03-2016, 11:35 AM   #436

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlknvlcn60 View Post
terryd...you don't have to worry about Thunder, they will be around for a long time. Your freight should show up any day now. I have some of their stuff and experienced the same thing. I am currently running the Thunder tornado breather, having relocated and re-wired the temp sensor up to the front of the bike and love the performance. It feels like the bike runs with more power with the Thunder after the ecu flash than the Roaring Toyz unit having tried both. Thunder stuff is always good quality and performance tested before they go into production for sale. You will like it whether it is the tornado kit like mine or the tear-drop kit.
I have the tornado kit as well. It takes in so much air that I was pinging from 4k and up from 60% throttle and up. Put in a pcv and solved the problem. The tornado act very much like a ram air on a car, great intake and you don't have the heavy hamming sound like other intakes.

2012 Vaquero
1700 Nomad
(Deceased)
Cobra Tri-Ovals
Racnrays Invention (Throttle Mod)
Ivan's flash
Thunder Tornado Big Air Kit

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-03-2016, 11:49 PM   #437
Advanced Member

terryd.....yes, you will be okay running around with the flash until you get your open air kit installed, and then, you will really be smiling when you notice more power right out of the gate. Things are changing now on bikes since the old re-jetting carbs days, and even the fuel processors for the injected bikes don't hit it on the mark....the flash takes all the epa demanding quirks away and lets the bike run wide open like timing changes, and other stuff the little "brain" now handles with out the restrictions. It is a real good thing.
Chuckster's tear drop intake, Freedom true dual racing exhaust, Ivan flash, Clearview windscreen, Corbin gunfighter seat, Clockwerk's hugger style front fender, Kawasaki KQR backrest and luggage rack, kuryakyn iso grips and rear passenger boards, front highway pegs, revolutionspeed clutch and primary covers and reservoir and switch box covers and Kuryakyn skeleton rearview mirrors.

Old 05-03-2016, 11:52 PM   #438
Advanced Member

Captj3 I agree.....I love the tornado and it makes good power and takes away some of the hissing and other weird intake noises a little better. Easy to service the filter too. And lastly besides it looking great, it's out of the way of the right knee which I like.
Chuckster's tear drop intake, Freedom true dual racing exhaust, Ivan flash, Clearview windscreen, Corbin gunfighter seat, Clockwerk's hugger style front fender, Kawasaki KQR backrest and luggage rack, kuryakyn iso grips and rear passenger boards, front highway pegs, revolutionspeed clutch and primary covers and reservoir and switch box covers and Kuryakyn skeleton rearview mirrors.

Last edited by hlknvlcn60; 05-03-2016 at 11:55 PM.

Old 05-04-2016, 09:34 AM   #439
Advanced Member

Was paying attention to the speedometer this morning on my way in. Now you have to understand what the speed limit is in Dallas to appreciate todays observation.

The sign says 70mph. What this means is, if you're not doing 70, your a road hazard. I don't like being passed by a lot of cars, so I go with the flow. Most of the time.

Anyway, going from one highway to another and getting ready to merge into traffic. Guy in front of me is doing 60. Traffic I'm going to merge in to is doing about 75. Guy speeds up to 65, I dropped to 5th gear. See it's clear to get over and roll the throttle. Looked down once I was over, speedometer is at 92mph.

I'm really liking this bike since the reflash.
PCV (removed)
Ivan's ECU flash

Last edited by Scootergptx; 05-05-2016 at 02:53 PM.

Old 05-05-2016, 01:19 PM   #440
Advanced Member

No kidding the roll on power with the flash increased very noticeably. Even 6th gear pulls so much harder than before and reassures great passing power. I love it.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-05-2016, 03:03 PM   #441

It just kills me how neutered this engine was before the flash.

Old 05-12-2016, 11:26 PM   #442

New battery..check. Zeroed out the PCV and turned of the auto tune.. Check. Now waiting on my Ivanized ECU. FEDEX shows it will be here tomorrow evening. Now they're talking rain and cool all weekend. $&@#% I'm still riding.

Old 05-12-2016, 11:38 PM   #443

Just received mine today. All he said it would be. No long ride yet, but several miles and ran like it should have from factory. Much smoother throttle and acceleration through full RPM range. No backfire on decell.
Stutz

Old 05-13-2016, 01:12 AM   #444

Quote:
Originally Posted by koga View Post
New battery..check. Zeroed out the PCV and turned of the auto tune.. Check. Now waiting on my Ivanized ECU. FEDEX shows it will be here tomorrow evening. Now they're talking rain and cool all weekend. $&@#% I'm still riding.

Just be careful in the wet conditions and remember it will be a different bike.
VBA #02592

Bash In the Bitterroots 2014
SE Rally in Nacoochee Valley 2016

Don't regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many.

Old 05-13-2016, 06:56 AM   #445

Quote:
Originally Posted by koga View Post
Now they're talking rain and cool all weekend. $&@#% I'm still riding.
That's what I'm talking 'bout!
Go get 'em!

Old 05-13-2016, 07:07 AM   #446

Well my wife's uncle is flying into Colorado today. We will pick up his rental Harley tomorrow and then Sunday the three of us will set off for South Dakota for 5 days. It's suppose to SNOW on Monday in Lead, SD where we're staying the night. WTF... It's pretty much summer, lets get this crap weather done with already!

Last edited by Fried Chicken Blowout; 05-13-2016 at 07:14 AM.

Old 05-13-2016, 12:32 PM   #447

This forum and Ivan....

Anyone notice, in this forum subject that there has been 20,552 reads, and 445 responses? That alone should tell Kawasaki that people are interested in better performance in all aspects for these bikes. And, that does not include responses from other forums for other bikes!

Ivan, you're gonna have to hire some more people.........

hank43

Oh yeah, I haven't heard one bad thing about the reflash.

Last edited by hank43; 05-13-2016 at 03:53 PM.

Old 05-13-2016, 12:42 PM   #448

Quote:
Originally Posted by hank43 View Post
Anyone notice, in this forum subject that there has been 20,552 reads, and 445 responses? That alone should tell Kawasaki that people are interested in better performance in all aspects for these bikes. And, that does not include responses from other forums for other bikes!

Ivan, you're gonna have to hire some more people.........

hank43

I'd have to say at this point I wouldn't buy another metric bike unless Ivan has a flash available. I was about to give up tuning my Vaquero when this came along and fixed everything I had complaints on.

Old 05-13-2016, 02:17 PM   #449

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fried Chicken Blowout View Post
I'd have to say at this point I wouldn't buy another metric bike unless Ivan has a flash available. I was about to give up tuning my Vaquero when this came along and fixed everything I had complaints on.
Because of EPA requirements I think it's a fairly consistent problem across all brands, at least with V-twins anyway. I never had any problems with my Suzuki GSX1250FA but I do wonder what Ivan could have done with that. He does have an upgrade for the Bandit 1200. I'm sure there is a lot of untapped potential in the Bandit 1250s since out of the factory they don't even make 100 HP. Putting a Two Brothers slip on on mine really woke it up but I'll bet Ivan could get even more out of it.

Old 05-13-2016, 07:16 PM   #450

Have my appointment with Ivan on Monday. Can't friggin wait.
2002 Honda 750 A.C.E. (gone)
SCRC 2nd Officer Central Jersey Chapter