Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 09-16-2014, 06:54 AM   #1
Advanced Member

1700 exhaust

I had sent out an e-mail to d&d exhaust the other day, refering to slip-ons they make for the voyager, well I own a vaquero they replied they dont currently make one for the vaquero. My thought was shouldn't it be the same exhaust?
things that make you go HHHMMMMM!

ps: Ya here so much on popping on decel and leaks WTF should I have bought this bike(2014 vaquero) I've owned four other kawi's thru my riding career I know their quality.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-16-2014, 07:16 AM   #2
Top Contributor

Are you getting popping on decel with the stock exhaust ?
Not everyone with a 1700 has (intake ?) leaks.

Old 09-16-2014, 09:43 AM   #3

It really is a great bike do not be sorry for buying it just not perfect but I love it anyways dam it is awesome looking and runs not bad also. I have had many bikes also and only one was better than all of the others but they do not make it anymore 1100 Goldwing. I am not into the new Wings looks as dam does not even resemble what I think a bike should look like and this one comes as close as any. Be happy your not riding a Harley and really fixing them all the time and paying the labor rates they charge these bikes are practically hands off really. put new tires on it once and awhile and your off. Gotta love that.

Old 09-16-2014, 10:31 AM   #4

Every manufacturer will have some issue with their products, big or small they are there. I would rather pay half the price for the voyager vs other brands and have that money to put toward upgrades. I say throw your leg over the bike and enjoy the ride.
VBA #02587

Old 09-16-2014, 02:20 PM   #5

..What I like about my 02 Nomad..is that I can fix/repair almost anything on it -myself...and the $saving's$ goes toward..riding, out there, some where, in the wind !

And it has never had any mechanical issues while -out there- (Yea except tire trouble on occasion)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-16-2014, 04:20 PM   #6
Advanced Member

to answer everybody not really noticing popping w/ stock set up
just looking for the best solution as far as pipes look and sound I read alot about popping on this forum with aftermarket pipes.
and as far as the bike goes it rides like a dream sweeping corners at high speeds none of my other kawi's did that but I loved them anyway just like I love my vaquero

Old 09-16-2014, 05:08 PM   #7

The Vaquero is an awesome bike, its just getting the setup right. im running Tornado kit with V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe and EJK tuner and she's a dream to ride. I had a victory owner ask me when im going to get a real bike..LMAO I said take it for a ride and you will pee your pants..lol
DRIVING AUX LIGHTS
KURYAKYN GRIPS RAY'S THROTTLE MODE
CORBIN YOUNG GUNS SEAT
CHROME TANK COVER
14" WINDSHEILD
INFINITY SPEAKERS
KURYAKYN CUP HOLDER

IPOD CONNECTOR
TORDADO AIR KIT
RIDE THE LIGHTNING

Old 09-16-2014, 06:40 PM   #8
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jase64 View Post
The Vaquero is an awesome bike, its just getting the setup right. im running Tornado kit with V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe and EJK tuner and she's a dream to ride. I had a victory owner ask me when im going to get a real bike..LMAO I said take it for a ride and you will pee your pants..lol
2 weeks after I bought the vaquero a harley guy asked me how I liked my victory, its like they have tunnel vision or something their are no other bikes according to them. when I said it was a kawi he walked away nothing else said what an ass clown. my last vulcan I had just purchased the same kind of tuner you have, made by the same people
dobeck easy install no popping period, with that thing man and really didnt know what I was doing to set up. then traded it in on this georgous candy burnt orange vaq.

Old 09-16-2014, 06:59 PM   #9

Well I found the popping on decel went away with a good set of earphones and my music on high, don't notice it at all now.
(Canadian Veteran Freedom Riders)
2010 VN1700 Voyager, ABS
www.cvfr.ca
VBA #02220

Old 09-16-2014, 09:22 PM   #10

If you scroll down on the compatible bikes on this page it lists the Vaquero.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/09-12-Vulcan...1625b1&vxp=mtr

2010 Nomad 1700
Metallic Diablo Black/Metallic Titanium

Old 09-17-2014, 06:50 AM   #11
Advanced Member

Hey thanks hwyrider, thats good info I couldnt see them being a whole lot different. just mounting to the bag frame( did I fail to mention mine is a 14 vaquero I really dont think that matters though