Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Complete Bikes

Old 03-13-2014, 10:07 PM   #1

Hate to Do It - 05 Nomad for Sale

I have had a hard time coming to the decision to sell my 2005 Nomad, but I am going to sell it this spring. Many of you have seen my Nomad at the annual Spring Flings in Eureaka Springs. Thought I would post it here before listing elsewhere.

Currently has 19,700 miles on the clock. Custom blue metallic paint with silver and red pin striping and Nomad logo. It has new Michelin Commander tires and over the 2012 winter I changed fork fluid, brake fluid, antifreeze, rear diff fluid, installed new steering head bearings, as well as all normal maintenance. I was planning on riding a lot in 2013. I rode it to the Ozarks Spring Run (about 600 miles) and then I bought another bike. Between the new bike and the evils of a job I only put another couple hundred miles on it last year. It is too nice of a ride to be a garage queen so it is time for it to go to someone that has the time to ride.

Many accessories and modifications including - Premeux fairing, Dragon Wings, caliper mounted Moto Lights, Flip-A Lever throttle lock, modified Chuckster intake plate with K&N filter, Meannie clutch spring & Judges washers, VN800 kickstand, debaffled stock exhaust with gutted goat bladder, Yamaha Venture trunk mounted on Wompus rack, driver's seat has been modified with softer foam, CWI folding backrest, Backoff brake light modulator, heated hand grips, Blue LED under-tank lighting, fuel tank chap with custom Nomad logo to match tank logo's, crash bar chaps, factory service manual and others that I can't remember.

I have ridden this bike all over the western half of the US. It is great for long trips - One trip I took was from Oklahoma to Wyoming, through Montana up into Canada and back home. If I had time I would jump on this bike and ride it to either coast. With 19,000 miles a 1600 Nomad is barely broken in. I am willing to part with my beloved Nomad for $6700. I know I could part out all the accessories and sell the bike in stock condition and get more $ but would prefer to give someone the benefit of having the bike all set up and ready to go.

Didn't know how to embed a photo so tried to attach a file.

Give me a call (918) 230-6018 or send me an email at sparkyld@cox.net if you are interested. -- Double L
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VN1600_2.jpg (46.7 KB, 113 views)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-13-2014, 10:20 PM   #2

Attached Images
File Type: jpg VN1600_2.jpg (46.7 KB, 220 views)

2010 Nomad 1700
Metallic Diablo Black/Metallic Titanium

Old 03-13-2014, 10:26 PM   #3

great bike for great price should go quick

Previous bikes - 2004 BMW R1200 CLC 2006 Nomad 1600 Black -1985 BMW K100 RT
VBA #001609
Viet-Nam Vet 71-72
Maryville , Tn.
Maggie Valley '11-Townsend '12-Estes Park '13- Copperhead fall rally "13- Elkins WV '14- Eureka Springs ' 15- Helen Ga. SE Rally '16

Old 03-14-2014, 06:33 AM   #4
Sr. Contributor

Good luck with the sale. What has taken it's place?
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]

Old 03-14-2014, 09:28 AM   #5

Nice bike, I'm sure you will have no problems finding a new home for it.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-14-2014, 10:13 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double L View Post
I have had a hard time coming to the decision to sell my 2005 Nomad, but I am going to sell it this spring. Many of you have seen my Nomad at the annual Spring Flings in Eureaka Springs. Thought I would post it here before listing elsewhere.

Currently has 19,700 miles on the clock. Custom blue metallic paint with silver and red pin striping and Nomad logo. It has new Michelin Commander tires and over the 2012 winter I changed fork fluid, brake fluid, antifreeze, rear diff fluid, installed new steering head bearings, as well as all normal maintenance. I was planning on riding a lot in 2013. I rode it to the Ozarks Spring Run (about 600 miles) and then I bought another bike. Between the new bike and the evils of a job I only put another couple hundred miles on it last year. It is too nice of a ride to be a garage queen so it is time for it to go to someone that has the time to ride.

Many accessories and modifications including - Premeux fairing, Dragon Wings, caliper mounted Moto Lights, Flip-A Lever throttle lock, modified Chuckster intake plate with K&N filter, Meannie clutch spring & Judges washers, VN800 kickstand, debaffled stock exhaust with gutted goat bladder, Yamaha Venture trunk mounted on Wompus rack, driver's seat has been modified with softer foam, CWI folding backrest, Backoff brake light modulator, heated hand grips, Blue LED under-tank lighting, fuel tank chap with custom Nomad logo to match tank logo's, crash bar chaps, factory service manual and others that I can't remember.

I have ridden this bike all over the western half of the US. It is great for long trips - One trip I took was from Oklahoma to Wyoming, through Montana up into Canada and back home. If I had time I would jump on this bike and ride it to either coast. With 19,000 miles a 1600 Nomad is barely broken in. I am willing to part with my beloved Nomad for $6700. I know I could part out all the accessories and sell the bike in stock condition and get more $ but would prefer to give someone the benefit of having the bike all set up and ready to go.

Didn't know how to embed a photo so tried to attach a file.

Give me a call (918) 230-6018 or send me an email at sparkyld@cox.net if you are interested. -- Double L
That is sure nice. Had I not bought my 04 just last month.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:42 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadtom69 View Post
great bike for great price should go quick
Hope it will go quick - otherwise I will just have to ride more. Oh darn!
--LL

Old 03-14-2014, 09:51 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loafer View Post
Good luck with the sale. What has taken it's place?
I found a deal on an 05 Goldwing I just couldn't pass up. That darn Honda seduced me with it's power and handling!
--LL

Old 03-14-2014, 09:54 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer5210 View Post
That is sure nice. Had I not bought my 04 just last month.
I knew I should posted it last month!
--LL

Old 04-28-2014, 02:37 PM   #10

Does the fairing have a radio in it. can u PM me a picture of the view from the seat