Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 08-23-2023, 04:47 PM   #1

Neutral indicator light is ALWAYS ON

Ok I know I ask a lot of dumb questions & don't know what the hell I am doing, but I have another question please :)

I found a lot of info about the neutral light NOT coming on but mine is staying on after a recent bevel gear replacement. I unplugged the wire from the neutral switch at the lower rear left side of the case behind the cover and the light remains on.

A friend wasn't sure but suggested that if I had pinched that wire somewhere that it would cause the light to remain on even if unplugged?

Since I left my tank on, removed the motor mounts and lifted the motor has high as it would go to get to the bottom bevel gear housing bolt, maybe I pinched a wire? I assume that it goes from behind the motor to the top of the motor & under the tank? My red FI light stays on as well but it runs fine.

So should I take it to the Kawi dealer down the street from me or pull the tank & search for damaged wires?

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-23-2023, 05:28 PM   #2

I would pull the tank first before taking to the dealer.

2005 Vulcan Nomad Sold
2006 Honda 1800 VTX (Freebie) Sold
2008 Harley Ultra Classic Sold
2001 Harley Ultra Classic Sold

Hangtown, Kalifornia

VBA #2625