Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 03-30-2008, 09:57 AM   #1
Advanced Member

Cobra Bagger Exhaust

Anybody with a set of Cobra Bagger pipes, how do they look after 2 or 3 years, and do they sound any different? Also is there any problems that happen with aging? Any other info would be appreciated. Thanks, ???

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-30-2008, 10:53 AM   #2

Cobra Bagger Exhaust

Hey Caddy

I put some cobra slash cuts on over the winter and have a few hundred kms on them now and love the sound. The install was great, except I have to re & re the left hand muffler because I put the clamp at the joint on the wrong way and the adjusting rod pokes out the wrong side ( my mistake ) Very nice fit and the shields cover most, if not all, of any bluing of the inside pipes. The sound is very good ( could be a bit more on the bass side for my preference ) You will really hear the jugs now, and a good noise on acceleration but easy on the ears while cruising on the highway.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:22 AM   #3
Advanced Member

Cobra Bagger Exhaust

I have had the Cobra true duals with tapered tips for a little over a year. They look a lot like the factory exhaust. I love the sound; it's not too loud, but has a nice rumble. I have 19,500+ on them, and they sound as good or better than when first installed. I think the chrome could be better, but I think that about most of my chrome parts.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:22 AM   #4

Cobra Bagger Exhaust

I had Cobras on my 04 and I've got them on my 07. You'll find a lot of conflicting opinions between Cobras and V&H baggers. I've had V&H and like the Cobras much better. But that's just my opinion.

Old 03-30-2008, 12:39 PM   #5

Cobra Bagger Exhaust

Can you remove the swingarm with the pipes still attached to the heads if you have Cobras? I think the rear pipe covers the bolt, judging by what I can see in the photos.

Login or Register to Remove Ads