Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > SouthCentral Group

Old 01-22-2009, 10:42 PM   #31

Spring Rally we have a date

Annie also said that they have a cottage with everything in it if anyone needed it..The price is the same as the rooms.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-23-2009, 07:39 AM   #32

The phone number for Rider's Rest is(479) 253-9815 sorry I didn't put it in earlier.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:25 PM   #33

Liz and I will be arriving sometime Thursday if not earlier. We have room #8 at the Rider's Rest. If anyone gets there early and wants to ride with us Friday just let us know.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:28 PM   #34

Hey Watchman,
Which route will be be coming down?..I live on Hwy 13 25 miles north of Springfield. If you are in the area, let me know and I will ride down with ya.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:03 PM   #35

Liz has asked off for vacation the whole first week of May. If approved we intend to head south down Hwy 63 or Hwy 19, Saturday May 2nd. We plan ( #1 ) to ride parts of south MO and northern Ar, specificly the Mountain View area and south to Conway. Or ( #2 ) to cruise on down to Mena and do the skyway again and then ride around east of Mena. Or ( #3 ) do a small combination of both.

We will then arrive in Eureka Springs either from the east or from the south on Thursday the 7th. So we won't be coming down through your area. But maybe we could head home together Sunday morning.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-24-2009, 07:36 AM   #36

Can anyone from the area recommend a place to have supper on Saturday night as a group?

Old 01-24-2009, 04:13 PM   #37

A lot will depend on how many people show up. If you get much over 20 people we will find it a problem to be seated together or get served at the same time. Personally, I would not look at going downtown as parking is a problem. Last year we all went to Sparky's Roadhouse ( Steak House ) one night, kind of bad parking for bikes, and the Rowdy Beaver ( Steak House ) the next. But I don't remember how many people we had. Myrtie Mae's is a little upper class but has really good food. Forest Hill ( Small Buffet and Steak House ) has good food but limited seating. Sheridan's Ozark Buffet has lots of seating but just plain old buffet food, good breakfest there. Bubba's BBQ is really good but has limited seating and a bad parking lot for bikes. The Smokehouse Cafe (BBQ) has really good food but I am not sure how late they stay open. This is a really good place for Breakfest. It is the pace with the giant biscuts. The Catfish corner has really good sea food. Cafe Soleil is a good Itialian restaurant. And then there is the Crescent Hotel which is a little high end but has lots of room. And there are lots of places I have never been to.

Old 01-24-2009, 08:15 PM   #38

Sunday ride home will be great Watchman.

I agree that seating for anything over 20 could be a problem, but I am sure they would welcome us..The eateries noted above are good, tho I have only been to a couple of them..Sparkys is a good place, and isnt out of the price range..Forest Hill is another place I have been..Good food....The Cresent Hotel is a 18 century hotel that was built as a hospital, and later turned into the hotel. It is said to be haunted, and they do haunted ghost tours during the week, but not sure of days or times. It has some of the prettiest landscaping I have ever seen....The rooms are in the $100 a nite range I believe, and you can even stay in a haunted room that they say you will witness a ghost..

This is a great location for the rally, as it has many sights and places to visit.

Old 01-25-2009, 01:00 PM   #39

Funny how we think nothing about spending big bucks on our bikes but are picky about spending a couple of extra bucks for dinner.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:04 PM   #40
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by "CHAINSAW"
Funny how we think nothing about spending big bucks on our bikes but are picky about spending a couple of extra bucks for dinner.
No one has any money left after spending the big bucks on the bikes :)

Old 01-27-2009, 08:24 PM   #41

Looks like we are coming to the Eureka Springs rally but we may go our separate way on the 9th. Is anyone else just staying two days?
Thanks,
Zoom45

Bobby Risher
Terry, MS
Kawanow member # 124
South Central Group
2000 Nomad 1500 (carbed) 128,000 miles

Old 01-29-2009, 12:36 AM   #42
Advanced Member

Send a message via MSN to Blue Rebel

My daughter graduates in Michigan on the 30th. I can only make one trip out of Mexico this spring.

Old 01-31-2009, 12:53 PM   #43

Me and Vickie are definetely coming. We will be in room #10 at the Riders Rest 7&8 May. Is anyone riding anywhere near our location? If so, maybe we can meet up somewhere. I'm planning on going from Jackson to Little Rock on to Eureka Springs.
Zoom45

Bobby Risher
Terry, MS
Kawanow member # 124
South Central Group

Old 01-31-2009, 04:28 PM   #44

zoom how are you going from Little Rock not that it matters looks like I will be trailing my bike, that is where we were heading last year when Bea fell off so she don't want to ride very far any more.

Old 01-31-2009, 04:39 PM   #45

That's how we went to the Bikes Blues BBQ rally a while back. It's a long day ride. If Mapquest says 8 or 9 hours it's usually a lot longer since I stop for gas about every 90 miles. I may take my box this time where I can carry some extra gas. I would go to Memphis and over but it adds a couple of hours for me.
Here's the route I was going to take:
http://www.mapquest.com/mq/8-IgY0GCNC
Zoom

Bobby Risher
Terry, MS
Kawanow member # 124
South Central Group