Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > SouthCentral Group

Old 11-16-2008, 11:13 PM   #1

short outing

I ride to church (Thunder in the Hills biker Church) every Sunday. I like our permanent location as it's only 2mi from the house. A few of us decided it was a great day for a ride. I stopped at the house for a sandwich and met up with Stan and Doris by the telephone company in Kerrville. Took Hwy27 west to Ingram. Quite a sight going by Ingram Lake as they drain it once in a while and it's strange to see in that condition. We wound on up the river on 39 to Hunt and took the Northfork (1340) to friend Tonys' place 4mi shy of 41. Stan dropped Doris off to chat with Tonys' wife and just the guys went on to Garven Store and look at some leather. Good prices decent leather goods. Left on 83 to 39 back to Hunt then back up 1340 to Tonys' to drop him off. Stan dragged his wife away from the hen party and we scooted back through Mt. Home to Ingram to Kville. Not too bad out with an extra shirt and insulated boots. Little windy in spots and there is construction going on the one lane bridges on 1340 and the upper end of 39. Raising them up and adding a lane yehaw! Gravel sucks on the last repair they did above Stonehenge. Really feeling the road today. Need to check the air in the tires. Lots of sunlight to shadow and was having some difficulty with clarity. Changed to copper lens shades and it seemed to help on the last stretch. Great day to ride.

Robert(skeeter)Dozier
07 Red&Titanium Nomad
81 Suzuki 850GL
KawaNow pre#

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-17-2008, 08:49 AM   #2

short outing

Sounds like a nice ride Skeeter, I have put my bike away for the winter but will get it out if we have a nice day and I always try to ride on New Years day.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:41 PM   #3

short outing

I rode for an hour yesterday. It finally made it into the low 50's, but the wind made it feel colder. I had nor been on the bike in about 10 days. When i saw the sun shining, I determined I was getting a ride in no matter what. I am not ready to give up riding this year. A few years ago I was riding until Jan. In fact that year it was 65 on New Years Eve.

Old 11-18-2008, 11:47 PM   #4

short outing

We go to "service" every Sunday @ noon. On most beautiful days, 4-7 bikes show up and after the meeting, we conspire to choose that days ride and lunch location.

Mostly couples, a single or two. It's become something of a ritual. We never plan anything in advance, just take it on the fly. This has been part of my learning experience, getting to take regular rides with some of these more experienced riders. It's been going on about 2 years now.

Everyone takes a turn @ road captain and the destination is what it is. The only thing better would be to be able to do this in the Hill country. Every now and then, we will get together and ride some organized event or to some special location.