Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 09-15-2010, 10:23 PM   #1
Advanced Member

HD Fairing

I have a late model HD fairing, inner and outer with gauges and headlight. For those of you who have installed this, did you keep the HD headlight or use the Nomads? I am tempted to cut out the fairing bottom and stay with the Nomad light to keep that weight off the fairing and make swapping back and forth to my shield easier.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-15-2010, 10:45 PM   #2

HD Fairing

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocheese72
I have a late model HD fairing, inner and outer with gauges and headlight. For those of you who have installed this, did you keep the HD headlight or use the Nomads? I am tempted to cut out the fairing bottom and stay with the Nomad light to keep that weight off the fairing and make swapping back and forth to my shield easier.
I stuck with the Nomad light and cut the fairing. I was concerned about the weight as well and I wanted the ability to swap.

http://home.insightbb.com/~kpmh.002/N-Fairing.htm

Pete

Old 09-16-2010, 02:28 AM   #3
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
HD Fairing

I on the other hand have the HD light. I bought mine like that. Have a look at a Cory Strobel's web page,... doc. his procedure. He is a member of KawaNOW but has sold his Nomad. So the fairing and trunk you see in photos on his web pg. are now mine.
http://bikes.nmsolutions.ca/
He did a great job on the modification. I get so many nice comments on my bike. His project write up is great and in depth. Don't cut the fairing. Is what I would tell you.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Old 09-16-2010, 05:07 AM   #4

HD Fairing

I kept the Nomad light as I didn't have a HD one. Little more work to trim out the fairing, but not to bad.
2010 Voyager (Blue/Silver)sold
2001 Nomad (gone, but not forgotten)

www.chucksterscustoms.com

Old 09-16-2010, 12:15 PM   #5

HD Fairing

I purchased the HD light assembly rather than cutting the fairing. I used the Strobe (Corey) instructions that you see on Rickboy's bike.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-16-2010, 04:34 PM   #6
Advanced Member

HD Fairing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyboy ... #00722
I on the other hand have the HD light. I bought mine like that. Have a look at a Cory Strobel's web page,... doc. his procedure. He is a member of KawaNOW but has sold his Nomad. So the fairing and trunk you see in photos on his web pg. are now mine.
He did a great job on the modification. I get so many nice comments on my bike. His project write up is great and in depth. Don't cut the fairing. Is what I would tell you.
Your ride is sharp man. I am thinking about picking up a HD black tour pack off ebay if I can find one. This way the quality is excellent, it has a simple barrel key, and I don't have to paint. I may grab a wompus rack for Christmas. I notice that you don't have the grab rails. Can they be used with the wompus. I know the old lady will love them, so would like to keep them if possible.

Old 09-16-2010, 09:11 PM   #7

HD Fairing

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyboy ... #00722
Your ride is sharp man. I am thinking about picking up a HD black tour pack off ebay if I can find one. This way the quality is excellent, it has a simple barrel key, and I don't have to paint. I may grab a wompus rack for Christmas. I notice that you don't have the grab rails. Can they be used with the wompus. I know the old lady will love them, so would like to keep them if possible.
The rails will not work with the wompus rack.

Old 09-16-2010, 09:50 PM   #8
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
HD Fairing

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabo2k
Quote:

The rails will not work with the wompus rack.
No they won't.
Thanks for the compliments on the bike. The fairing and tour pak is all Cory Strobel. I'll take the complements on the other accomplishments about the bike though. There are some real nice Nomads on this site and mine is just another nice bike. There's always something a person could do to make it,....."better".
Have a look at the link I posted earlier and follow Cory's "instructions" .

BTW just so you know ....I think Harley has a number of different blks. The blk. that my trunk and fairing are is a pearl blk. and don't match perfectly. I have a friend offering to paint the fairing blk. to match the Nomad blk.. But then I'd need the trunk done as well and take it all apart. I'm leaning towards getting some of the Harley blk. onto the frt. fender and the doors of the hard bags. Just a thought. Something to think about. I like it just the way it is too.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png