Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2021, 03:37 PM   #1

Clutch went to nothing

Beautiful day in North GA today, geared up and loaded up for a nice ride to follow the Occoee river, lunch in McCaysville and enjoy the ride. Get to GA 52 up 515 and pull in the clutch for a traffic light and the bike kind of stalls and comes to a hard stop. Get it in Neutral, start her up go to put her in gear, and the clutch wont engage. I sit and let her cool down and same thing, sometimes a struggle to get into Neutral, but clutch wont engage. Call AAA and after 2 hours and so many kind people stopping to ensure that we are ok, I get it loaded on the flat bed and we take it to the local dealer in Canton, only to be told, you should have called first, we dont work on anything older than 06. WTF, I explain that they always have serviced my bike. Guy goes back to the manager and says, well we will try but it will take 4-5 weeks to get to it. At this point, I am between a rock and a hard place as the tow driver is stating I got to go.
Is there anyone on the forum here local to Canton that works on these? I would welcome a hook up, as apparently the "older" insert "experienced" mechanics are no longer there. I am looking for an experienced mechanic that can help with this.
This is a 1500 FI 03, and I keep it in the garage when not ridding. Had it out a month ago and ran like a champ.
Still runs great, if the clutch would work.
I am open to thoughts, but I am not the one to take it apart anymore.
Thank you for your help in advance.

Login or Register to Remove Ads