Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 02-20-2021, 12:13 AM   #1

Genius! I love forums!

So some of you guys might not know it but Andy is a genius. I think he figured out my gauge set up for the tachometer on our voyager gauges for the 1600 nomad. Here's the genius part! Even if his newest idea doesn't work (I think he is dead on I just need to test it) he has a secured a company that will isolate the tach away from the can bus board to make the tach function independent of the rest of the set up. I love when people are so willing to be helpful in forums. Love it even more when you make friends in a good forum group.... My project is world closer to being done and I can take no credit for it bc Andy is keeping me up to date on all his project ideas and steps as he goes. Sooo glad I joined this forum I am gonna buy into the vba and get my badge

My dog is my co pilot

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-20-2021, 06:23 PM   #2
Advanced Member

Thanks for the compliments but I am no where near genius. If that were the case I'd have figured this thing out long ago. I'm just persistent and trying to understand some of the unique design aspects of the VN1600. Plus I like to help out others willing to wrench on their own. We can all learn from each other. In fact if Kawi_addict hadn't got onto mounting the fairing and gauge set from a VN1700 on his Nomad I wouldn't had gotten any further on my plans to do something similar to my Classic.

There are a lot of others on this forum, DragonLady58, MAStequila and others who are great examples of what makes forums like these so worthwhile and valuable. Not everyone has a Harley or wants to only ride a Harley. I think its cool to make a unique bike out of the VN1600 that can run with the newer bikes for $10s of thousands less.

Old 02-21-2021, 12:07 AM   #3

Absolutely agree. There I bought a 1 owner nomad 1600 with 19,000 miles for $2k it came with the tour pack and already had the three way light bar and highway legs on it. I have loved this machine and have absolutely zero power complaints. I'm not knocking a Harley but dollar for dollar they're the worst comparison waaaay over priced. I would like to have a Harley I used to have an evo harley buuut old harleys aren't as reliable as metrics and new harleys are out ofy price range I can customize this bike to the extreme for pennies on the dollar

My dog is my co pilot

Old 02-22-2021, 10:32 PM   #4

Got my green badge name premium membership lol gotta support this forum. Too good of a place not to

My dog is my co pilot