Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 08-01-2017, 11:28 PM   #556

Just did the Ivan ECU flash after running with power commander for awhile. all seems well so far. did 2 day fedex up and back Mon-Fri.
(4) Kicker PS speakers
Rockford amp with I-Pod adapter
Ivan ECU flash ( dumped the PC-V)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-07-2017, 01:12 PM   #557

I just got off the phone with Ivan's. Really nice people and paid the bill. They say it will be back in my hands tomorrow. New York to California in a day for $81.00. My credit card is now officially shot after buying an 8" windvest, Cobra 4230 slip ons, Kawasaki Backrest and qr mounts and the Kawasaki Gel Touring Seat. Looks like I am getting too sick to work tomorrow..........

Old 09-09-2017, 12:26 AM   #558

My ecu arrived today from Ivans and I just installed it per the included instructions. The o2 sensor was unplugged from under the right hand side cover and zip tied in place so it wont flop around. Anyhow since it was late I have only put about 5 miles on it. My first and immediate impression was that the bike sounded different immediately. Smoother acceleration and the Jerky on off throttle issue when riding through curvy mountain roads is now 100% gone. That alone was worth the cost. I plan on putting well over 800 miles on it in the next three days on a ride from Redding area to Reno Nevada then 395 to Bridgeport for the night then south to Lodi before riding back home. My bike now has 842 miles on it and I would think I would have a good feel for the Ivanized ECU, the New Kawasaki Gel Touring Seat and the new 8" black windvest windshield I added. The Cobra 4230 slip on pipes were cancelled by online seller as they wont ship to California. I need to find some decent slip ons that the seller will ship to Kaliforniastan. If anyone has any advice please let me know.

Old 09-09-2017, 12:42 AM   #559

Hey Gunner , I would seriously look at putting a set of V&H slip on . I heard a Vaquero ( Ivanized ) with them and they sound incredible . Nice deep rumble at idle and they really sounded great when he pulled away . They had a really good bark to them when he opened it up .

Old 09-09-2017, 12:29 PM   #560

Ridefree, I really like the look of the vance and hines slip ons. I had not really considered them because they didnt have an o2 sensor bung. Now that the bike has Ivans flash I can use anything. I just need to find a retailer that will ship to the crappy state of California.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 09-09-2017, 02:11 PM   #561

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner191q View Post
My ecu arrived today from Ivans and I just installed it per the included instructions. The o2 sensor was unplugged from under the right hand side cover and zip tied in place so it wont flop around. Anyhow since it was late I have only put about 5 miles on it. My first and immediate impression was that the bike sounded different immediately. Smoother acceleration and the Jerky on off throttle issue when riding through curvy mountain roads is now 100% gone. That alone was worth the cost. I plan on putting well over 800 miles on it in the next three days on a ride from Redding area to Reno Nevada then 395 to Bridgeport for the night then south to Lodi before riding back home. My bike now has 842 miles on it and I would think I would have a good feel for the Ivanized ECU, the New Kawasaki Gel Touring Seat and the new 8" black windvest windshield I added. The Cobra 4230 slip on pipes were cancelled by online seller as they wont ship to California. I need to find some decent slip ons that the seller will ship to Kaliforniastan. If anyone has any advice please let me know.
Try West End Motorsports. I ordered the Cobra Tri Flo Slip Ons and they did ship to California. I paid $519.96 total for them in January and they are now $573.67.

It did take me a while to find someone that would ship to California. I did have a shop in FLA that wanted to charge me extra to ship them to her and rebox them and ship to me for 100.00 more. West End had them shipped in the Cobra box with the name outside and it went through fine.

West End Motorsports

2005 Vulcan Nomad Sold
2006 Honda 1800 VTX (Freebie) Sold
2008 Harley Ultra Classic Sold
2001 Harley Ultra Classic Sold

Hangtown, Kalifornia

VBA #2625

Old 09-09-2017, 03:01 PM   #562

Jim, thank you for the referral. I will order them tonight!!!

Old 09-09-2017, 04:33 PM   #563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridefree View Post
Hey Gunner , I would seriously look at putting a set of V&H slip on . I heard a Vaquero ( Ivanized ) with them and they sound incredible . Nice deep rumble at idle and they really sounded great when he pulled away . They had a really good bark to them when he opened it up .
i have them -- good sound and better power

Old 09-09-2017, 08:15 PM   #564

So 210 miles on the ivanization. Absolutely better in every way. I cant imagine going back to stock. Throttle control is now perfect, heat is greatly reduced riding two up fully loaded in 100 degree heat and the bike now runs between half and three fourths of the way up the temp gauge versus crowding the hot marker at all times especially in city traffic. Its like a different bike now. Ivan is a genius��

Old 09-14-2017, 05:26 PM   #565

Thumbs Up Just got flashed

Got my Ivanised ecm back in the bike today and all I can say is WOOO HOOO !!!! What a difference....mileage went from 36 to 41 mpg and the roll on is GREAT....runs in the middle now on the cooling no backfiring and the hesitation is totally gone....GREAT JOB IVAN !!!!

Old 09-14-2017, 06:54 PM   #566

I have hesitated to post this as its not a very scientific test so its just an observation that I made. So prior to the ivans reflash I used my elcheapo harbor frieght infared thermometer and took temperature readings over a period of a week riding to and from work on my vaquero. Its about 30 miles each way of mixed mountain roads with about 15 miles of Interstate 5 thrown in. Taking temp readings of the rear cylinder in the finned area closest to my right leg the temps frequently ran about 265- 292 degrees on the cheap thermometer. After ivans reflash on an otherwise stock motorcycle riding the same route and measuring the same area on right side of cylinder the temps ran from 192 to 216 degrees. This is with outside temps in the 100-109 degree range in Redding. The heat is much less noticable, popping on deceleration is gone, the odd throttle response is gone. Gas mileage is up. I just completed a 1470 mile ride over the last week and am totally happy with the vaquero, The optional Kawasaki Gel touring seat just didnt pan out as I hoped it would though. Time to look for other options
2014 Goldwing F6B (Sold) and 86 prior motorcycles all sold. So far I like the Vaquero better than any other!!!

Old 09-14-2017, 07:01 PM   #567

I really dont trust the harbor freight thermometer to be perfectly accurate temp wise. I do believe though that its safe to say Ivans reflash did manage to reduce operating temps considerably over the stock ECU.
2014 Goldwing F6B (Sold) and 86 prior motorcycles all sold. So far I like the Vaquero better than any other!!!

Old 09-14-2017, 09:02 PM   #568

Tried a Duratrax "flashpoint" infared today and had even lower temps. Of course outside temps in mid 70's now showed temps in the 160-180 degrees in same area. Bikes temp gauge was at halfway point all day today during the 155 miles I rode. Also switched oil to Kawasaki Full Synthetic 10w40 at the 1500 mile mark. I know I didnt need to change it yet as it was changed at the 600 mile service I just wanted to see if it helped the shifting smoothness at all (it did). That may affect temps also.

Old 09-14-2017, 11:04 PM   #569

" The optional Kawasaki Gel touring seat just didn't pan out "

After a lot of consideration I went with the Wide Mustang with front and rear passenger back rests . I could ride all day ! I found when I first sat on it , it felt kinda hard but after riding for a bit my butt formed to the seat and became very comfortable . I felt that it pushed me forward a bit because of the rise to the passenger seat but not enough to bother a short guy like me . ( 5ft 10" )

Another option is the Russel Day Long . A few of the guys on here have them and would be able to help you with that .

Glad your enjoying the new ride . . . Happy Miles !!!

Old 09-14-2017, 11:43 PM   #570

I live about 30 miles from Russell day long seats. I have had three of them over the years and they were comfortable. Ugly but comfy. I really like the new vaquero but I am not sure I want two tractor seats on it. If the mustang doesnt shove me forward onto the tank I may just give the mustang a try.