Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 07-18-2017, 02:02 PM   #1

Question 2015 Vaquero - PC-V tuning - gear select

I have 2015 Vaquero with Freedom pipes and Roaring Toyz air cleaner. we had put in a Vulcan map 2 years ago to get it running and it ran decent. I didnt want to wait for dyno so I got autotune and had bung welded in RS muff same as stock location. Worked well. For awhile. Then at lower TP and rpm would misfire when heat soaked. Next day I did a remap run and then accepted map and disconnected AT. better but it would still do that bad thing. I contacted Chris at PC and he suggested I do a gear based map. so that each gear would have its own map. Now I don't have a service manual and don't know where to find that gear select wire.

Has anyone done gear select ?

I also bought the DJ POD 300 - nice add on panel to see AFR - and can do map swaps and datalog. I used to work at Roaring Toyz machine shop when we had that magazine Vaquero bike.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-18-2017, 03:01 PM   #2

Good luck with your quest... Most of us have dumped our fuel tuners in favor of having Ivan re-flash the ECU, and in doing that have got rid of all bad things.

Nothing screams poor workmanship like wrinkles in the duct tape
'02 1500 blonde Nomad (Sold) '97 800 burgundy Classic (Sold)

Old 08-01-2017, 11:21 PM   #3

I went Ivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peg View Post
Good luck with your quest... Most of us have dumped our fuel tuners in favor of having Ivan re-flash the ECU, and in doing that have got rid of all bad things.

after reading many forum posts and some youtubers - I did the Ivan Flash - 2 day fedex up and back send Mon and got it last Friday. So far runs very nice. I left PC-v in and set all cells to zeros - fuel and Ignition - mainly becuase I didnt want to uninstall. I know many others have done the same with no problems.

Tags
dynojet gear select