Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 07-03-2017, 10:05 AM   #16

Here are some deets from another Canuck if you haven't found the thread:

http://vulcanbagger.com/forums/showt...ht=Ivan+Canada

If I upgrade to a 1700 the flash will be part of the initial cost based on what everyone has shared on the forum.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-03-2017, 09:48 PM   #17

Thanks for posting the thread . There's a lot of useful info . Since I'm new to the Vaquero scene every little bit helps .

Yesterday I picked up an ipod and got my tunes cranked up on a small road trip . Worked awesome . I didn't know I had the adapter in the cubby hole until after I bought the bike . Bonus

Cruise control is a sweet thing to have also .

The more I ride this machine the happier I am with my decision ....

Old 07-23-2017, 09:27 PM   #18

I have a DoBeck, IT WAs on my 2015 Vaquero until Ivan re flashed my ECU. 175.00 yours if you want it.
VBA#03454
09/03/2016 "Ride for the Red" Big Flats, NY (Red Cross)
07/2017 "ROK Vintage Motorcycle Days" Lexington, OH
07/2017 "National Rally" Lake George, NY

Old 07-23-2017, 10:15 PM   #19

Thanks for the offer John but I did get the ecu flashed . I almost went nuts waiting for it but it was well worth the wait . With the help of the forum that's the route I took . I don't regret it one bit . I now know the power of " Ivan The Great "

Old 10-23-2018, 01:23 PM   #20
Advanced Member

Not backfiring, never is on a modern bike with electronic ignition. Its just popping in the exhaust on decel because the idle/closed throttle fuel/air mix is lean to meet EPA standards. Its just noise, not detrimental to the engine at all. Best way to fix it is to richen up the low speed idle/closed throttle fuel mix. A reflash will do that, or add a Power Commander or similar system.

True "Backfiring" is the fuel/air mix igniting backwards out the intake side of the system. It used to be backfiring when ignition systems could get far enough out of timing to fire a plug when an intake valve is slightly open. Or backfiring can occur if an intake valve is leaking against the valve seat even if the timing is right.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-10-2018, 05:57 PM   #21
Advanced Member

I tried 3 different so-called tuners to get rid of the obnoxious backfiring, none of which did anything to help. It is actually the factory settings on the ECU, the restrictions like retarded timing that can be the culprit to an extent. Send the ECU off to Ivan in New York he takes away all the restrictions, advancing the ignition timing some, you get a cooler running motor that TOTALLY eliminates the backfiring, believe me I hear every note coming through my Freedom 2-1 combat pipe and RT big air my bike performs smoother, a lot less herky-jerky on-off throttle at low speeds, and a great freeway ride in 6th with stronger passing power. It is well worth the funds your bike will seem like a much improved, altogether different motor.
Chuckster's tear drop intake, Freedom true dual racing exhaust, Ivan flash, Clearview windscreen, Corbin gunfighter seat, Clockwerk's hugger style front fender, Kawasaki KQR backrest and luggage rack, kuryakyn iso grips and rear passenger boards, front highway pegs, revolutionspeed clutch and primary covers and reservoir and switch box covers and Kuryakyn skeleton rearview mirrors.