Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 05-31-2014, 08:57 AM   #1

laconia nh bike week

Well I'm planning to go to the bike week in NH end of june its about a 4.5hr ride for me.
I plan to take my 2012 kawasaki Vaquero. Wondering what I should see or do an certain places I should avoid??

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-31-2014, 10:10 AM   #2

Have fun, most place's are cool on Weirs Beach with no problem's! As long as people do not act like a ass you will not be bothered by anyone. The clubs for the most part are run by the H. A.'s so do not wear anything that looks like colors. If you do you may be asked to remove it or turn your vest inside out.But they are usually cool if you are wearing Red Knight, Blue Knight or American Legion Rider's color's.. I cannt help you with bad place's but Bill AKA Mac will tell you soon Im sure. Just have fun and party till ya puke lol

Old 05-31-2014, 10:17 AM   #3

Ya I just wanna go check it out an have fun no looking for problems or any thing thanks for the headups bput the colors thing

Old 05-31-2014, 10:30 AM   #4

Your welcome, not much advice but sometimes alittle helps :). I have been a few time and when we ride up there we may wear a vest but no markings on back except. A few of my buddies are Red Knight's, Blue Knights, Just less chance of any problems , everyone is there for fun :). FYI the cop's are pretty cool as well but they will bag you for speeding or riding drunk in a heart beat :O

Old 05-31-2014, 04:38 PM   #5

...The Bandito's..are NOT friends of the Hell's Angels...so dont get liquored up and go on about how great that club is...
And the "established clubs" dont like to see any "rockers" on the bottom of any decor` you may wear on the back of your vest/jacket

...I'm no expert..but I have good friends in many different -area's- and like all of us...they are usually really great folks...unless stimulated into a frenzy by --cultural ritual !

RULE OF THUMB... "When In The Village...always wear the correct hat"

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-31-2014, 05:35 PM   #6

The right hat???

Old 05-31-2014, 09:51 PM   #7

..."The Right Hat"...In Dodge City, It's best to wear a Cowboy Hat...thus blending-in !...if shorts and Birkenstocks are your usual garb...wearing Wranglers Boot cuts, and cowboy boot's -& Hat ...Will most certainly reduce the chances of being dragged behind a pick up truck !

...Just an old guy with a lot of experience passing along good advice :>)

Old 06-01-2014, 11:31 AM   #8

No cowboy hat wearing here

Old 06-01-2014, 04:12 PM   #9

I've been attending off and on for a long time. Probably ten straight years recently. There's about thirty of us this year. Broken up into 3 houses. Two within a 3 wood of the "strip".

The "business community" controls this event. Specifically the owners of the NASWA. This is all about what's good for business. So, bikers are allowed to be bikers. With the controls being focused on what would scare "bikers" away.

If you are into meeting different people, go to the bars without live entertainment during the day. Certainly bikers from all over. I've met a ton of great people. If there's a group of you, hanging out at the Broken Spoke is a good spot.

If you are into the "sights", lots to look at ! While not the "show" of the Vous, still good !

Bikini Contest at the NASWA. Weds or Thurs. Arrive early, they start charging for parking as start time nears. Get a seat or standing spot facing the dock leading to the boat tie ups. They parade up and down the dock. $2,000 prize has every pole dancer in the area show up. Too bad a few years ago they started DQ ing the flashers....

There are shenanigans every day with Russ and the booze girls de jour at the Road House. He usually hosts a wet t-shirt contest when he's bored, so expect at least one a day.

Live afternoon Music at the Patio near the pier, and Road House too.

There are is a lot of great riding in the area. Within a "3 hour tour" you can search for Gilligan at Bernie's Beach Bar, on Hampton Beach. Or, go up thru the mountains. If alone, or a small group, there are group rides each day run by the organizers. Good way to meet some people.

BTW, Some of the officers will pull you over for apes above the shoulders. Our crew has a couple, and they stay in the middle of the pack. Also, if you have a windshield, no glasses needed. (Not suggesting that, but it is the law in NH)

If you have some specific questions, you can post or PM me.
VBA # 02065 VROC #29763

Sold - 2006 Nomad Green/Silver - Cobra Light Bar & Luggage Rack, Kuryakyn Longhorn Dually Pegs, Phat II Risers, Mustang w/backrest, Vista Cruise, Vance & Hines, PCIII, Kruiser Kaddy, Classic Engine Guard Chaps, Electrical Connection R,B,T LED Conversion, Jay Stephens LED Tail Light.

Current Ride - 15 Road Glide S.

Last edited by puckoach; 06-01-2014 at 04:27 PM.

Old 06-01-2014, 06:30 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckoach View Post
I've been attending off and on for a long time. Probably ten straight years recently. There's about thirty of us this year. Broken up into 3 houses. Two within a 3 wood of the "strip".

The "business community" controls this event. Specifically the owners of the NASWA. This is all about what's good for business. So, bikers are allowed to be bikers. With the controls being focused on what would scare "bikers" away.

If you are into meeting different people, go to the bars without live entertainment during the day. Certainly bikers from all over. I've met a ton of great people. If there's a group of you, hanging out at the Broken Spoke is a good spot.

If you are into the "sights", lots to look at ! While not the "show" of the Vous, still good !

Bikini Contest at the NASWA. Weds or Thurs. Arrive early, they start charging for parking as start time nears. Get a seat or standing spot facing the dock leading to the boat tie ups. They parade up and down the dock. $2,000 prize has every pole dancer in the area show up. Too bad a few years ago they started DQ ing the flashers....

There are shenanigans every day with Russ and the booze girls de jour at the Road House. He usually hosts a wet t-shirt contest when he's bored, so expect at least one a day.

Live afternoon Music at the Patio near the pier, and Road House too.

There are is a lot of great riding in the area. Within a "3 hour tour" you can search for Gilligan at Bernie's Beach Bar, on Hampton Beach. Or, go up thru the mountains. If alone, or a small group, there are group rides each day run by the organizers. Good way to meet some people.

BTW, Some of the officers will pull you over for apes above the shoulders. Our crew has a couple, and they stay in the middle of the pack. Also, if you have a windshield, no glasses needed. (Not suggesting that, but it is the law in NH)

If you have some specific questions, you can post or PM me.
That helped a lot thanks. No apes here yet but soon. Hoping to have about a group of 5-10 people mixed variety of bikes. How r they there with sportbikes have a couple guys that wanna go but have heard stories bout being chased outta town they r calm guys just like sportbikes

Old 06-01-2014, 06:33 PM   #11

..Sorry..Once again, I'm shown to be...on a different level !

All said and done...Have a great time..I wish I was there...love those "pole dancers"

Old 06-02-2014, 08:37 AM   #12

Sam, you offer good advice. There are potential "hornet's nests", and one needs the common sense not to stick their hands in. Show "respect" to all, and there should be no problems.

All kinds of bikes go the rally. No problem with a mixed group.

The dedicated groups of crotch rockets, similar to the group that caused last years problem in NY with the SUV, have "found" problems in Laconia. Police don't have much tolerance for "show off" or dangerous riding. Often, a group does some "wheelies" or something else a few miles from the strip. As there are not many of these groups, pretty easy for them to be "caught" by cell phone calls.
VBA # 02065 VROC #29763

Sold - 2006 Nomad Green/Silver - Cobra Light Bar & Luggage Rack, Kuryakyn Longhorn Dually Pegs, Phat II Risers, Mustang w/backrest, Vista Cruise, Vance & Hines, PCIII, Kruiser Kaddy, Classic Engine Guard Chaps, Electrical Connection R,B,T LED Conversion, Jay Stephens LED Tail Light.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:37 PM   #13

There's other threads at:

http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/s...hlight=laconia

http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/s...hlight=laconia

Last edited by puckoach; 06-10-2014 at 09:40 PM.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:51 PM   #14

I will be in Laconia at least Sunday to Wednesday. We should be at the Spoke late Sunday afternoon. Rides planned for North Woodstock Inn and to Bentleys on either of Monday and Tuesday.
VBA # 02065 VROC #29763

Old 06-10-2014, 10:33 PM   #15

Going this Saturday until Monday the 16th, we wear our patch but it is a one piece, and has the word Veteran plainly visible, never been spoken to by an HA or other club yet.
(Canadian Veteran Freedom Riders)
2010 VN1700 Voyager, ABS
www.cvfr.ca
VBA #02220