Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 06-17-2019, 07:57 PM   #1

Check Saddlebag Door Hinges Cap Screws

Came home from a ride today, opened one of the saddlebags and found one hinge was not connected. The two cap screws holding the hinge to the bag had vibrated loose and fallen out. These are M4 x 70 x 18 mm long screws held on by a nut on the inside. There appears to be loktite on the screws of the other hinges when I checked but I decided to replace all 8 bolts with longer ones and use lock nuts. I had the longer screws but got the lock nuts at Ace. Lowes has them too (M4x70) in 4-packs. Worth checking. All mine were at some stage of looseness.

Take care

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-30-2019, 06:17 PM   #2

I stopped to pick up a litre of paint this afternoon. Opened one of the bags to put the paint tin in and found very loose. Upon further inspection I had both lock nuts but missing one bolt. Should have checked it earlier since I had read your post . After new bolt and blue locktite the problem is rectified. Will be checking the other bag before riding. Thanks for the heads up. I have checked the other side bags and some were loose as well. Go figger.

Last edited by ballbreaker; 09-01-2019 at 11:00 AM.