Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Rides/Trip Reports/Travel Information

Old 06-03-2008, 01:50 AM   #1

Blog?

I'll admit that sometimes some of this electronic stuiff makes me feel completely inept. With that admission out of the way, let me ask the official "dumb question of the day": Where do I go and how do I set up and maintain a blog?

The family and I will be on the road for two weeks plus in conjunction with the Central Rally and then our own vacation destinations beyond that. I'd like to be able to post some of our travel fun.

I know some of you have blogged because I've visited and enjoyed reading about your adventures on them. But that was as a spectator and voyeur living vicariously through your travels.

Can somebody please "hook a brother up"?

Maybe one of our blogmasters has already compiled an instructional writ and posted it in FAQ's or somewhere and I was too lazy to make note of it when browsing there. If not it might make a good topic for the travel section.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-03-2008, 08:45 AM   #2

Blog?

http://www.mahalo.com/How_to_Set_Up_..._for_Beginners

I've never done a blog before...but this site might help! Didn't really read more then the first paragraph!! Good Luck LW!

Old 06-03-2008, 12:55 PM   #3

Blog?

Thanks Miss Sue.

Old 06-03-2008, 01:54 PM   #4
VBA Founder

Blog?

txcwdancer is the pro at blogs, lw. Check with him.
Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Old 06-04-2008, 09:07 PM   #5

Blog?

Alot of my friends use blogspot.com

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-04-2008, 11:51 PM   #6

Blog?

Trip Wrote:

]txcwdancer is the pro at blogs, lw. Check with him.

LW Wrote:

10-4 Boss, thanks. Chuck is one of my riding heroes, and I've definitely enjoyed following his travels on his blogs.

=======================

Thanks for the blog endorsement, Trip.

LW. Glad you enjoyed my blogs.

There are several. I started with www.blogspot.com and find it fairly easy to use. One feature I like is you can post an entry via e-mail which is quite handy when you're short of time like during a fuel stop.

Go the the link and just follow their "create blog" link

You will need to select a template (this is the background and format for body, links, etc.)

The WYSIWYG and HTML editors are very easy to use. Uploading photos is very intuitive. You do not have to know HTML Web programming to build a nice looking blog.

Send me a PM if you would like some off-line tips. Also include your phone number we can discuss it as well.

I'm leaving for my first summer ride of 2008 next Tuesday June 10th and plan to blog that on vroc13091.blogspot.com. My itinerary is Fort Wayne(garden conference) Niagara Falls, DC, and the Kawanow East Rally. It should be around 4000 miles in about two weeks. A fairly leisurely trip for me.

Good luck.