Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > New Member Introductions

Old 08-10-2011, 06:30 AM   #1
Advanced Member

New to KawaNow Forum

Introduction of myself. In Lake Travis,Texas The picture is our second Kawasaki 1999 1500 G1 Nomad which we purchased last year. Our first was a 04 800 Classic purchased New in Jan. 05 so we have only been riding barely 6 years. We did sell the O4 this year and it was very difficult, but just not riding it.

I try to do all my own routine maintenance on the Nomad. When we purchased "RED" last year there were just 9,400 miles. The picture shown is at the Sellers garage where it sat for years. I completely changed all Fluids and Flushed all Lines Several Times and Replaced the Tires with ME 880's.

Since "RED" has the all Famous POG (Which ever Engineer's designed that from Kawasaki) I am not sure really what they were thinking ? Has anyone every found out Why they designed it that way ?
I will be installing a Very Loud Piezo Buzzer in Line of my Warning Water and Oil Lights, and will need help on what wires to connect.

My Wife and I like to ride (when its cool) She has been a Surgery Technician for 25 years and I in Residential Construction and Realtor.

I've been reading this site for years on and off because of the vast Knowledge. Its refreshing to know that information is available 24/7 for Kawasaki Bikes.

Riding with the " Texas Vulcan Riders " who made my Wife and I Welcome the riding experience has been that much more enjoyable.

Many Thanks to "Trip" for starting his site and perhaps we both may get a chance to meet some of you.

Rolfe and Alison

Login or Register to Remove Ads