Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-30-2008, 04:16 PM   #1

Scraping the boards video

I made a video today of some curves up a local canyon riding fast enough to scrape the boards. (From earlier thread about scraping the boards).

If your connection and settings are like mine, hit pause when it starts and wait for it to download :) And I forgot how much Youtube degrades a big file.

I noticed that I do scrape the hard parts beyond the hinge, but as soon as I do I lift and just drag the spring loaded part.

Most of these corners are in the 40mph range, marked lower. I refined some of my thoughts on this ride. Most 40mph marked turns can be taken (I mean physical limits of the bike, not rider) at 80mph, and I have regularly. But I think doing a 45mph marked at 90 is probably about the limit of the doubling scale. I doubt that you could take a 60mph marked at 120mph. (that's if a Nomad could do 120).

Similarly, the 15mph ones I can only do at 25mph, not double; and that feels damn fast. So there is a middle ground, not too low, and not too high where the doubling rule of thumb works.

Of course this isn't "safety advice" this is just saying what the physical properties of the bike can do.

Login or Register to Remove Ads