Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-2018, 04:11 PM   #1

Voyager air flow and hot weather

Hoping Voyager owners from the southern tier of states can help me with this question. Summers in Austin are brutal, and commuting on the bike, I deal with triple digits for up to 4 months. I can handle it on my partially faired Suzuki Bandit with mesh gear and full-face helmet, but after having test ridden an Indian Roadmaster in my non-mesh textile gear in 70 degree weather, I was roasting due to lack of airflow. This made me wonder if any fully-faired bike allows for sufficient airflow to allow mesh gear to work. I know the '12+ models have the vent in the lowers that can be opened, but doubt they provide any real cooling to the upper body.

Do any of you hot climate Voyager owners commute and ride halfway comfortably in full mesh gear in the summer? I wear an evaporative cooling vest, but am not sure it would work without decent airflow. I wouldn't mind returning to a 3/4 helmet, but can't give up having at least some protection like mesh gear with CE armor at the shoulders, elbows, and knees.

Forgot to clarify I don't currently own a Voyager but am considering getting one.

Login or Register to Remove Ads