Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Parts & Accessories

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2013, 11:06 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by fammdw View Post
Got a couple questions for you Chuck...

How do you like the RDL on your bike? What seat did you send them to build your RDL? I have a Hammock on the bike now and it's a nice seat. Can't decide whether I want to get another RDL for this bike. The jury is still out on the Hammock. I haven't taken a long trip on it yet to properly test it out. I bought it from a friend for $250 when he went to a Mustang seat. I couldn't turn down that deal as the seat sells from HD for $540.

I called RDL to see if they could build a seat on the Hammock pan and they said they could. I don't want to sent my stock HD seat because it's the anniversary black and brown color. I want to keep that seat with the bike. I was curious how the RDL does on a HD pan because they are so much more flexible than other pans I've had RDL build on.

I love that RDL seat. I sent in a HD Tallboy seat to be reworked into the RDL. Now that was a weak and floppy seat pan. I had a drivers backrest added by them, and they really stiffened up the pan. Using the tallboy gave me an inch or two more legroom, but it took that space from the passenger seat.
Just for reference I tried a stock seat, the stock seat modified by mean city cycles, the tallboy, the ultimate, and the mustang. Before I went with the RDL.

ETA- since I've had my RDL seat, they have made two more sales to other guys at work based on my seat. 1 Road king and an Ultra Limited. I should get a commission.
86 Kawasaki 454 LTD
VBA member #1578
HOG Member #4541840
AMA Member # 2700186

Last edited by chucks1911; 09-03-2013 at 11:24 PM.