Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2017, 07:21 PM   #1

Time for Darkside (F/R)

I don't want a lecture on the subject. I've had DS before, so please don't waste your breath.

I am ready to replace the rear tire on my '12 Nomad for the 4th time in 2 years. I have 32000 miles in the same time frame.

Here is my request: I am looking for tire sizes. I have seen two sizes talked about for the Nomad; 205/60r16 and 195/60r16. What size is recommended and why? I would like to even drop the rear of the bike a bit, so I was considering 205/55r16 as it is about .25" shorter than the stock 170/70/16.

I know how the tire handles, so I am confident that I will be fine there, but I don't want to lose any lean angle as I drag the floorboards and exhaust frequently.

Alright - I have made a bunch of random statements. What size would you recommend? If I remember the DS from my last bike, I lifted a bit when turning, essentially gaining a bit of clearance. Am I crazy or does that happen?

Thanks for any help!
||VBA #03091||

Login or Register to Remove Ads