Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Wanted

Old 10-04-2009, 08:46 PM   #1

Wanted: Front Turnsignal for 06 Nomad

Does anyone have front turn signals for 05 to 08 Nomad available for sale??

Thanks,

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-05-2009, 12:51 AM   #2

I'm looking for the same thing. Want to replace my rear signals so I have running and turn signal lights. Seem to be hard to find. Haven't tried any salvage yards yet. Anyone with a suggestion would be appreciated.

Old 10-05-2009, 07:04 AM   #3

Hate to say it guys but there's probably 5,000 other Nomad owners looking for that one pair of front turnsignals. All of us have the same idea. I actually spent 2 1/2 hours at a NAPA warehouse with a biker buddy of mine that worked there looking a every replacement dual ellement light socket and rear light assembly they handled but there are no automotive dual ellement sockets shallow enough to fit in our rear signal assemblys. I am tempted to destroy one of mine fronts to see if there is a manufacturer or part number and brand on it someplace. If anyone has found a dual ellement socket and will share that info they will be my hero.
2010 Titanium Goldwing
2014 KLR 650 New Edition

Old 10-05-2009, 09:41 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by trosco
Hate to say it guys but there's probably 5,000 other Nomad owners looking for that one pair of front turnsignals. All of us have the same idea. I actually spent 2 1/2 hours at a NAPA warehouse with a biker buddy of mine that worked there looking a every replacement dual ellement light socket and rear light assembly they handled but there are no automotive dual ellement sockets shallow enough to fit in our rear signal assemblys. I am tempted to destroy one of mine fronts to see if there is a manufacturer or part number and brand on it someplace. If anyone has found a dual ellement socket and will share that info they will be my hero.
Trosco,

I've used this system on three Nomads - from Cruiser Customizing. Does the run and turn pretty well. The review link on the web site gives better info.

EC-01315 Turn Signal Conversion Kit

Old 10-05-2009, 10:37 AM   #5

Hello

Thought this would likely be the situation, :(I recently swaped my front and rear turnsignal sets. Since I could not get new red OEM lens, I just used a red spray that modelers use on powered models and the like. Masked the outside of the lens and sprayed four coats inside. Rear lens now have no tell tale sign of being amber. Had to run the third wire (I believe blue) to the red wire running light under the rear fender. So I now have dead amber turnsignal bar up front (other than when turnsignals are activated). I am running amber "fog" sealed beam units up front but if I could find front OEM signals . . . Thanks for the information.

Login or Register to Remove Ads