Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 03-05-2014, 06:58 PM   #31

I practice twice a month drawing & FIRING at 3 different distances. My revolver 357 mag has crimson trace laser grip & Night sights if the battery goes dead I still have the night sights.
I reload & shoot a lot. The gun club I'm a member of is only 4 miles from the house. I used to shoot in competition but not much any more.
VBA #01084

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
"

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-05-2014, 07:23 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by muz View Post
Holy crap you guys?..............I can't believe what I'm reading here...............you carry guns??

Exersizing you rights is one thing but carrying a gun? Are things really that bad over there?

Gun laws are so tight over here that its almost impossible to own a firearm let alone carry one.
I recently got a licence for a 177 air rifle to keep the bunny population down on my 5 acre property. This is what I had to do for an air rifle licence:

Doctors certificate
Had to sit and pass a gun law/safety test with pass mark no less than 80%
Had to have a letter from a property owner larger than 10 acres that I can shoot on......my 5 acres don't comply so I'm already breaking the law. Shhhhhhhhhh
A complying steel gun case hard mounted to a wall with two complying locks
Proof and photos of the case mounted
Statement of where the keys will be kept
Ammo in a separate locked cabinet
Personal police clearance...........no previous offences
And a 3 month wait ....cooling off period..........and $240 processing fee plus a licence fee I think is about $95 per year.

Policy over here is if the bad guy with a gun wants it let him take it and let the police deal with it .............coz your dead a long time
Luckily guns on the streets around here are almost non exsistant.
You see we are real men over here................we fight with our fists and wood and bricks and stuff
The way gun control is in your country is exactly why we fight so hard against the politicians who want to stomp on our 2nd amendment right to bear arms.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 03-05-2014, 07:31 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
The way gun control is in your country is exactly why we fight so hard against the politicians who want to stomp on our 2nd amendment right to bear arms.
So are you protecting life or right?

Old 03-05-2014, 07:33 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
In the Peoples Republic of NY you can not open carry.
They are actually confiscating rifles in NY City now if they resemble their definition of and "assault weapon".
Any semi-automatic rifle having a removable magazine with one or more of the following features;
thumb hole stock
telescoping stock
second hand grip
pistol grip
flash suppressor
muzzle brake
compensator
bayonet mount
Grenade launcher
We all know these features are what make a rifle deadly
threaded barrel
I think I would be looking for a new "Republic" to live in! In Arkansas we can open carry. Conceal only with permit.

Old 03-05-2014, 07:36 PM   #35

The situation that muz (from "Down Under") is saddled with..is even less than what the gun control mongers here in the USA are pushing for !

However...we fought the bloody british, and the laws they had us "saddled with" and came out with the US Constitution..written by those who understood that "we the people" MUST Have The RIGHT to bear arms (including carrying arms..and -not restricted to "hunting arms" ! --(The Constitution Say's A "MILITIA" =-citizens-) And No mater how anyone cut's it THAT MEANS MILITARY GRADE WEAPONS !...
In Order to protect and preserve a nation that is not -subject to a small inner circle of greed mongers ! (so how did we lose it anyway ?)

...As I pretend to still live under the US Constitution, I carry ! and big bro carry's...and foster bro carry's (he has a siver star with clusters..5 purlpe hearts, and several campaign and several air medals)..We ALL Have Been Sworn To Protect the US Constitution Against ALL Enemy's Foreign and DOMESTIC ! ..and now its almost to late to be able to protect against -DOMESTIC Enemy's, Of The Constitution !

That all said, We carry when Biking...Arizona is now a open carry/concealed carry State..with no permits as long as you are over 18 (maybe that's over 21 ?)..New Mexico is "Open Carry..loaded", as are several other states...

Here's the way I carry ! (or locked in a hard bag in those states that have "choked the right's of we the people")
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LOMA RICA fer Lunch 11-14-2010 146.jpg (93.2 KB, 38 views)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-05-2014, 07:44 PM   #36
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Both. There are politicians and others in the USA that would like to have us all unarmed. However, there are over 300 million firearms in the USA and criminals don't care about gun laws. There's an old saying here "when guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns." Our US Constitution gives us the right to bear arms, and we have to constantly defend that. It's no coincidence that the cities with the highest rate of gun violence also have the most restrictive gun laws. Chicago and Washington DC have the toughest gun laws in the country and some of the worst violence.

It's not the wild west out here, John Wayne died long ago. Just Monday here in Phoenix, two police officers were serving a felony warrant and the felon shot them both. One officer died, one survived but the officer that died managed to shoot the felon several times and killed him. This was on a busy street corner in Phoenix, a large city. People and cars were everywhere, it could have been a lot worse.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Last edited by cactusjack; 03-05-2014 at 07:48 PM.

Old 03-05-2014, 07:47 PM   #37
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Sam View Post
The situation that muz (from "Down Under") is saddled with..is even less than what the gun control mongers here in the USA are pushing for !

However...we fought the bloody british, and the laws they had us "saddled with" and came out with the US Constitution..written by those who understood that "we the people" MUST Have The RIGHT to bear arms (including carrying arms..and -not restricted to "hunting arms" ! --(The Constitution Say's A "MILITIA" =-citizens-) And No mater how anyone cut's it THAT MEANS MILITARY GRADE WEAPONS !...
In Order to protect and preserve a nation that is not -subject to a small inner circle of greed mongers ! (so how did we lose it anyway ?)

...As I pretend to still live under the US Constitution, I carry ! and big bro carry's...and foster bro carry's (he has a siver star with clusters..5 purlpe hearts, and several campaign and several air medals)..We ALL Have Been Sworn To Protect the US Constitution Against ALL Enemy's Foreign and DOMESTIC ! ..and now its almost to late to be able to protect against -DOMESTIC Enemy's, Of The Constitution !

That all said, We carry when Biking...Arizona is now a open carry/concealed carry State..with no permits as long as you are over 18 (maybe that's over 21 ?)..New Mexico is "Open Carry..loaded", as are several other states...

Here's the way I carry ! (or locked in a hard bag in those states that have "choked the right's of we the people")
It's 21 or over in AZ. It's illegal to possess a handgun if you're under 21.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 03-05-2014, 07:49 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack View Post
Both. There are politicians and others in the USA that would like to have us all unarmed. However, there are over 300 million firearms in the USA and criminals don't care about gun laws. There's an old saying here "when guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns." Our US Constitution gives us the right to bear arms, and we have to constantly defend that. It's no coincidence that the cities with the highest rate of gun violence also have the most restrictive gun laws. Chicago and Washington DC have the toughest gun laws in the country and the most shootings.

It's not the wild west out here, John Wayne died long ago. Just Monday here in Phoenix, two police officers were serving a felony warrant and the felon shot them both. One officer died, one survived but the officer that died managed to shoot the felon several times and killed him. This was on a busy street corner in Phoenix, a large city. People and cars were everywhere, it could have been a lot worse.
My heart bleeds for you guys. Its probably to late to do anything about the gun situation in your country.
All I can say is good luck and hope it never happens here.

Old 03-05-2014, 08:04 PM   #39
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
My heart bleeds for you guys. Its probably to late to do anything about the gun situation in your country.
All I can say is good luck and hope it never happens here.
I'm not complaining.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

Old 03-05-2014, 08:58 PM   #40

Quote:
I am "protecting my life BY expressing my right" !

It -IS- that bad in ALOT of this country which I would never go w/out. This is not something new here. I've heard that Aust. is pretty strict on bad behavior over there. Just for shats en' grins, what would be the weapon of choice there to bust out a few liquor shops on a typical weekend bindger?
And I usually carry iwb...
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg images-37.jpeg (6.8 KB, 40 views)

Old 03-05-2014, 09:19 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
I am "protecting my life BY expressing my right" !

It -IS- that bad in ALOT of this country which I would never go w/out. This is not something new here. I've heard that Aust. is pretty strict on bad behavior over there. Just for shats en' grins, what would be the weapon of choice there to bust out a few liquor shops on a typical weekend bindger?
And I usually carry iwb...
I understand that..............by toteing a gun you reduce your risk of being shot by 50% instead of having a 100% chance without a gun. OK. Thats why I said its to late to do much about it over there. There are just to many guns.
We have regular amnesty buy backs and hand ins here.

Weapon of choice on a liquor store would be a brick then if your real unlucky..........a knife. Bad enough but I think most can deal with a knife and chances of dying.............not very high. Like I said b4 if they want it let em take it. Least you will live to grin another day. What's the point in being a very dead hero. Don't get me wrong I am talking about MATERIAL things here.
If the cops find a gun licenced or not its headline news over here.

Last edited by muz; 03-05-2014 at 09:37 PM.

Old 03-05-2014, 09:41 PM   #42

Asa full time commissioned officer, HR 218 grants me authority to carry as I wish, with the exception of any federal buildings, military bases and the like. Folks, let's get real for a moment, ok? If you think we live in a safe country, you're wearing blinders. The thugs on the streets of this country of ours have made it a very, very dangerous place to be. The only time I am not carrying is in the shower. Sorry. I'm not paranoid, I'm prepared. I'm a wolf, not a sheeple.... I carry more than one when I carry. I carry at work, at church, and even when I do yard work. No one but my wife knows what I carry, and always understand which side to walk on when we are together. Concealed carry is just that.... CONCEALED. There shoud never be an instance when it is visible to the publis, unless I am in the act of using said weapon. Officer on our department are considered officers 24/7, regardless of whether we're "on duty" or not.
I have lost count of times I have encountered those I have arrested due to their actions, which resulted in their prison tours... I refuse to be a target, a victim or a witness to the demise of my family.
One additional thing... If you carry are you mentally prepared to deal with the aftermath of your actions, or lack of action, when the violence comes your way? Don't be a victim!

Take care.....

Old 03-05-2014, 09:50 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack View Post
It's 21 or over in AZ. It's illegal to possess a handgun if you're under 21.
Your kidding, here in Cananda you can own one at 18. But you can't do nothing with it, its either for collecting or target shooting only.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 03-05-2014, 09:53 PM   #44
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringadingh View Post
Your kidding, here in Cananda you can own one at 18. But you can't do nothing with it, its either for collecting or target shooting only.
Here in AZ, and probably most states you have to be 21 to buy a handgun or handgun ammo and you can't carry one unless you're 21.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

Old 03-05-2014, 10:07 PM   #45

We have the annual turn in's & all the ananimity offers here as well, but we just can't seem to reason with the "bad guys" to swap out their "ak's, ar's, boom sticks, choppers, etc. for a brick to "tote" on out for the nightly gang bangin' or occasional drive by and the inevetable car jacking that is becomming more & more frequent.
I don't agree that there are too many guns. I DO believe there are toooo many guns in the wrong hands though.
You can never have to many guns...