Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 03-05-2014, 08:09 AM   #1

Being a CCW holder.....

Ok ( being a CCW holder amd carrying everywhere I go) I was wondering being anyone has mounted a holster to their bikes for ease of reach while riding? If so id love to see pics.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-05-2014, 08:28 AM   #2

Attached Images
File Type: jpg motorcycle-revolver-holster-leather-saddle.jpg (70.0 KB, 106 views)

Old 03-05-2014, 08:28 AM   #3

NC and FL CCW laws state that the weapon must be concealed and on the person.

A holster would not be legal in either state. However, a pistol in my windshield bag is legal.

I only know about NC and FL because I have both CCW licenses.

MT
VBA 936

Old 03-05-2014, 08:37 AM   #4
Advanced Member

I wouldn't want mine anywhere but on me. Not sure what situation you could be in where on the bike is better than on your person. You are not thinking you might have to shoot at someone from your moving bike are you?

Old 03-05-2014, 08:51 AM   #5

not my bike. just one i saw online.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-05-2014, 09:10 AM   #6

I was thinking of easier acces then my iwb holster where my sig normally rides.

Old 03-05-2014, 09:15 AM   #7
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teachme View Post
I was thinking of easier acces then my iwb holster where my sig normally rides.
I carry mine iwb front, left side since I am left handed. I guess my opinion is that I am going to need it when I am off the bike if I am going to need it. I am considering a shoulder holster but those look like a PITA to wear.

Old 03-05-2014, 09:36 AM   #8

In the Peoples Republic of NY you can not open carry.
They are actually confiscating rifles in NY City now if they resemble their definition of and "assault weapon".
Any semi-automatic rifle having a removable magazine with one or more of the following features;
thumb hole stock
telescoping stock
second hand grip
pistol grip
flash suppressor
muzzle brake
compensator
bayonet mount
Grenade launcher
We all know these features are what make a rifle deadly
threaded barrel
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 03-05-2014, 09:51 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonik View Post
I carry mine iwb front, left side since I am left handed. I guess my opinion is that I am going to need it when I am off the bike if I am going to need it. I am considering a shoulder holster but those look like a PITA to wear.
I have a shoulder holster and like it a lot, but it does take some getting used to. My Springfield XDM-9 came with a paddle holster so I use them interchangably. i've only "carried" on my bike once, and that was when my riding Meetup group (Southern Cycles) went for a 4-hour ride then rented the "Governor's Shooting Club" in West Cobb (near Atlanta) for a few hours. BTW...that place is friggin' nice and we had the whole place to ourselves. I've been to a lot of shooting ranges, but nothing that compares to that place. If you're near Atlanta and want to shoot, i'll be happy to take you there.

I decided not to renew my permit this year. First time since I turned 21 (I'm 37 this year). I normally renew for 3 years, but 5 years ago they increased to it 5 years for around $35. This year when I looked into it I found that our benevolent dictators have increased the fee from $35 ro $95 for the same permit, same time frame. I'm assuming that's the state's fault, but I'd love to blame it on POTUS. So I decided "screw that" and I no longer have my carry permit.

VBA #02442
VROC Member
PGR (Patriot Guard Riders)
MMCI (Masonic Motorcycle Club International)

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Author Unknown

01 Kaw Nomad 1500 (Vintage Red)

Old 03-05-2014, 09:54 AM   #10
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamabrat View Post
This year when I looked into it I found that our benevolent dictators have increased the fee from $35 ro $95 for the same permit, same time frame. I'm assuming that's the state's fault, but I'd love to blame it on POTUS. So I decided "screw that" and I no longer have my carry permit.
Yea, I have a real problem with paying for the right to exercise my rights. I can't think of any other right where you need a permit. Don't need a permit for free speech for example. I get they don't want criminals to have guns, I don't want them to have them either. But the permit and background checks don't stop criminals. They just hinder law abiding people.

Old 03-05-2014, 09:58 AM   #11
Mega-Contributor

I carry my Ruger LC9 in my jacket pocket, or if warm weather I stow it in my tourpak. I can open carry here, so I picked up a tactical thigh holster for my Springfield XD40 but have yet to wear it while riding. That should make a statement, don't you think?
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 03-05-2014, 11:13 AM   #12

We pay $20 a year for CCW permit in Alabama. I carry a 5 shot .22 Magnum revolver in my back pocket everywhere I go. It fits right behind my wallet. I keep my Taurus PT111 9mm or the PT145 .45 in the windsheild bag if I am going on a longer ride. The small 22 allows me time to escape any situation and get back to the bike for more firepower. Realistically, if they hear a bang, they are going to exit the confrontaion.

To the orignal question, there was a guy on here that showed a pic of his floorboard converted to a pistol holder. Cant remember the thread...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 22revolver.jpg (1.9 KB, 201 views)

David Hollinger
2002 Beige 1500 "Hannah2"
VBA # 02195

Old 03-05-2014, 11:31 AM   #13
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhollinger View Post
We pay $20 a year for CCW permit in Alabama. I carry a 5 shot .22 Magnum revolver in my back pocket everywhere I go. It fits right behind my wallet. I keep my Taurus PT111 9mm or the PT145 .45 in the windsheild bag if I am going on a longer ride. The small 22 allows me time to escape any situation and get back to the bike for more firepower. Realistically, if they hear a bang, they are going to exit the confrontaion.

To the orignal question, there was a guy on here that showed a pic of his floorboard converted to a pistol holder. Cant remember the thread...
My AZ permit is $65 for 5 years. Technically, anyone in AZ can carry concealed without a permit, I have one because it allows me to do so in 38 other states.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 03-05-2014, 11:37 AM   #14

I really cant complain about the cost. $20 is nothing. In Texas we were required to pay around $300 and go to an all day class. I am sure other Texas folks can elaborate. I refuse to refer to myself as a Texan, lol! I wasnt born there.
When I moved here I went to the Sherrif's office to ask about transferring my permit. He asked me if I had any felonies. I told him no, and he asked to see my license and $20. I was out in 15 minutes with my permit. I renew by mail every year now.

David Hollinger
2002 Beige 1500 "Hannah2"
VBA # 02195

Old 03-05-2014, 12:04 PM   #15

Ohio has open carry to all. (mostly all) That does create a stirr around some "sheeple", but ya see it from alotta cowboys. Been carrying for 30+ yrs., wife included. We play ALOT. Years ago, we learned to ALWAYS mount it somewhere on your person. Never a purse,fanny pack, or those new yuppy lookin' fone case holders.All that crap is the first to be stripped from ya. If a screwball at a light or in stopped traffic decides he or she is gonna strong arm ya from your bike, in kicks that "castle doctrine". Or- let them take your bike...NOT!
There is much "gray area" these days when it comes to this subject.
WWW.THEFIREINGLINE.COM is a great forum like this & gives state to state tips & such.

"an armed society is a polite society"